Can anyone recommend a good online training log/mapping tool

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
Mapmyride seems to have fallen over in recent weeks and is looking tired in the old format, and impossible to get to work in the new.

I was wondering if someone could advise me of a good side that is handy for...

* Mapping
* GPS uploads (if I have them, or manual workout entry if not).
* Training calendar and planner.

I have looked and Endomondo, Cyclogs and Ridewithgps which are all part of the answer if not the total solution.

Any advice greatly received.

Comments

• amck111
    amck111 Posts: 189
    Mapmyride is still going strong for me, though the new site is awful.

How about treating yourself to a Garmin and use Garmin connect?!
  • I hope my missus is reading with Christmas coming up ... :lol:
  • Surfr
    Surfr Posts: 243
    You don't need a garmin to use Garmin connect. I signed up for free and used GPX file manual uploads for a while from an app on my iphone before getting my Edge 500. GC is definitely my favourite online ride logger.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I use www.trainingpeaks.com for all my training, it's a great log, you can plan in advance and save particular workouts and drag and drop into your calender. It emails you every day with that and the next day's training. It logs everything (including what equipment you've used) and draws lots of pretty graphs.

Top stuff.

I use www.bikeroutetoaster.com to write my routes.
  • magoo289
    magoo289 Posts: 223
    Also use Garmin Connect, and Garmin Training Centre to download training plans on to watch and push myself against my previous best times.
  • graham_g
    graham_g Posts: 652
    I've just started proper structured training. Buying a HRM and turbo was enough technological investment for me - for recording, I'm just going to use a notebook.
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I use www.trainingpeaks.com for all my training, it's a great log, you can plan in advance and save particular workouts and drag and drop into your calender. It emails you every day with that and the next day's training. It logs everything (including what equipment you've used) and draws lots of pretty graphs.

Top stuff.

I use www.bikeroutetoaster.com to write my routes.

Nap - do you have the full package :wink:
    or did you just sign up for the basics?
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • you could try bikehike, works on base of google maps, and uses lanes where possible.

meanwhile take a peek at my blog. - cheers and have a nice day .