My pimped Giant Anthem X4

Fewie
Fewie Posts: 61
edited November 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Thought I'd post some new pics of my X4 now I've done a bit to it.

Mods thus far are as follows:

Hope Blue QR skewers and seat clamp.
Superstar White grips with blue lock on clamps/plugs
Avid Elixir 5's in White (185mm F&R)
Maxxis High Roller 2.1's

54488459.jpg

f2c6bebe.jpg

057eff2f.jpg

370dc9a1.jpg

Plans for the future include getting round to fitting the Xt f&r mechs and cassette I have in the garage. After that I fancy fitting a White charge spoon (sick of "tundra" arse after a long ride) and then maybe a new wheelset. Don't know weather to go hope hoops with a blue hub or superstar wheels the I could have White hubs and Blue rims.

Opinions welcome guys, good or bad![/i]

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Very nice! The grips won't stay white for long though 8)
  • mmmmmm i do like Anthems :D
  • Lookin good there mate, and he's right the grips won'T stay white for too long. I've put white grips on a couple days ago and they are already not so white.
  • Charge Limited Edition Surface Spoon Saddle from evans would look mint on this £24.99
    1996 GT Borrego - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Expert - 2010 Specialized enduro expert
  • bobcheese
    bobcheese Posts: 343
    very nice looking bike. I love white and blue very crips. Need to turn the QR round though :D
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Thats nice, get a Ritchey WCS wet white finishing kit. :D

+1 for sorting the skewer though...shame on you.
  • Fewie
    Was gonna correct the skewer, but I thought let's see who's anal enough to point it out! ;)

I put the grips on yesterday, washed the bike today and somehow there muckier!?!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,662
    Some nice pimpin' going on there with the blue highlights. But a bottle cage?? Get a grip man, or buy a road bike :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Some nice pimpin' going on there with the blue highlights. But a bottle cage?? Get a grip man, or buy a road bike :wink:

Belay that... but get a BLUE bottle cage :D
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • Fewie
    Tbh I now have a camelback now so the bottle cage is redundant, really should take it off. I'm wondering if I could get the brake levers and caliper adapters anodised blue too.

Seriously considering the black charge spoon recommended above, would continue my colour scheme but get rid of the White saddle which is a right pain to keep clean.
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    White and Blue Anthem X...you been spying on me? :wink:

Don't go over the top on the colour matching, I know of such a person who colour matched everything on his white bike (white/red) and it didn't look too good by the time he'd finished....and he regretted it, and subsequently toned it down.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    The Superstar blue grips are a decent match for the blue on the Anthem my mate had the white grips on his X4 but everyones right they stay white for precisely 5 minutes.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Needs some proper pedals too, Egg Beater SLs would look good and fit the colour scheme :-)

Should try and get some of the Elixir CRs that come on the more expensive Giants, with the blue bits, they look good.
  • njee20 wrote:
    Needs some proper pedals too, Egg Beater SLs would look good and fit the colour scheme :-)

Should try and get some of the Elixir CRs that come on the more expensive Giants, with the blue bits, they look good.

+1

http://www.bikeradar.com/gallery/articl ... le%2Fimage

They would look really good, even better if they could be had in white and blue.
    We'll see things they'll never see...
    Fury
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    I think some Hope Blue floating rotors would sweet.
  • Dirtydog11 wrote:
    I think some Hope Blue floating rotors would sweet.

Yeah they would, although there can be problems with the rivets fouling the calipers on avid brakes, more often than not you have to grind some of the pad backing plate away.
    We'll see things they'll never see...
    Fury
  • TorchXC
    TorchXC Posts: 33
    nice :D
    im doing a giant reign at the moment in white except going with the red theme,
    superstar is a good shout for the wheelset, i plan on going red rims with white hubs for the bling bling :lol:
    Giant Reign
    KCNC / Superstar / Shimano SLX / Avid Elixir 'R' / Jagwire / SDG Ti Fly / 66's / Fox RP23.
  • Nice bike mister, geez a shot. :D
    Never argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
  • bobcheese wrote:
    very nice looking bike. I love white and blue very crips. Need to turn the QR round though :D
    whats wrong with QR, its out of the way up there
    anthem x with many upgrades
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Not a good idea to have a QR pointing forward it could be fun if a branch caught it and flicked it open the wheel wont come off because of the lawyer tabs but it will make your front end a bit wobbly. Probably make your backside go wobbly as well :lol:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs wrote:
    Not a good idea to have a QR pointing forward it could be fun if a branch caught it and flicked it open the wheel wont come off because of the lawyer tabs but it will make your front end a bit wobbly. Probably make your backside go wobbly as well :lol:
    ok i dont ride trail centres, just xc, rocks and boulders my biggest worry so a lever pointing down easy to bang up into forks, see your point though
  • forgot to say, great bike
    bugger to keep clean though
  • Charge Limited Edition Surface Spoon Saddle from evans would look mint on this £24.99

Good call,just ordered one for my X4
  • Looks great, Nice Work.

The elixer R levers and calipers come in white with blue bits, my misses Antem came with them, they would look top banana on it.... 8)
    It's all in the glory!!!

2011 Giant Trance X2
    [url=ihttp://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa452/Lucozadejim/MyMachine4.jpg]ihttp://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa ... chine4.jpg[/url]
    2008 Rockrider HT
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I can't see you'd ever get the skewer coming undone from there, but it is waving about, parallel to the fork is best IMO, straight up.
  • njee20 wrote:
    I can't see you'd ever get the skewer coming undone from there, but it is waving about, parallel to the fork is best IMO, straight up.

2nd that
    It's all in the glory!!!

2011 Giant Trance X2
    [url=ihttp://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa452/Lucozadejim/MyMachine4.jpg]ihttp://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa ... chine4.jpg[/url]
    2008 Rockrider HT