Black caps

stemacca
stemacca Posts: 75
edited November 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me. I have 2 black caps on the inside of the bar that is opposite to the chainstay. They are quite close together and the caps are about the size of a five pence piece.

It is a Scott aspect 45

The reason I ask is that they are made from plastic and fall out easy. Are there any alloy replacements that I could buy to replace them?

They seem to have a screw pattern on them but are not very tight.

thanks in advance

Steven

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    stemacca wrote:
    I have 2 black caps on the inside of the bar that is opposite to the chainstay. They are quite close together and the caps are about the size of a five pence piece.
    :shock: :?

There's a prize for the first person who can guess what they are.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    kickstand mounts.

dont worry about them you couls fit some bolts if you wanted.

bike.jpg
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    nicklouse wrote:
    kickstand mounts.
    Doh! Of course :roll: :oops: :)
  • Nice one cheers Nicklouse for your tidy input.....

kickstand mounts are a bit far back...thought they would have been nearer the bottom bracket.

Will try and find some bolts to fit now thank you may well get the correct size now.

Steven
  • nicklouse
    stemacca wrote:
    Nice one cheers Nicklouse for your tidy input.....

kickstand mounts are a bit far back...thought they would have been nearer the bottom bracket.

Will try and find some bolts to fit now thank you may well get the correct size now.

Steven

nope they are for a scott specific kick stand.

scottkitstand26700wheel.jpg
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Ok does anybody know where I could get some bolts the correct size for the holes as the plastic ones keep falling out and I will never be getting a kickstand.
  • nicklouse
    any bolt shop so B&Q or Halfords or your LBS or just leave them out.
  • Andy!
    Andy! Posts: 433
    dab of glue on them?
  • Yeah think i might go that way actually and glue them. I also might paint them white to match the frame...bosh job done.

Cheers

Steven
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Wax?