Sunny Map Holder

pw1brown
pw1brown Posts: 243
edited November 2010 in Tour & expedition
Has anyone used the Sunny Map Holder http://www.wiggle.co.uk/rixen-kaul-klickfix-sunny-map-holder/? I'm looking for an option to the handlebar bag I'm using, for light day touring. This map holder looks like it might flex a lot in the wind, but otherwise might do the job, and would fit into the attachment I already have.

Comments

• It's huge, nearly 11" square. It's made of a tri-wall plastic (think cardboard box) It's quite rigid but it does clutter up a large amount of space on your bars. IMHO you'd be better of with the bar bag from Klikfix which has a map case on the top. At least there would be multi purpose use on your bar mount then.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • pw1brown
    Thanks - I think I'll stick with the bar bag option as you suggest.
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    My local Poundland has a few bike bits and pieces inc plastic map protectors with velco to wrap around your handlebars...Does the trick...
    jc
  • pw1brown
    Never thought of Poundland! - thanks for the tip, I'll have a look.
  • I use the Sunny for touring because I don't use a bar bag. I thought it would flex or even break in high wind, but It is very strong and I've never had a problem. I like it because it accomodates a large portion of a map so one is not having to turn over too often.
    Martin