fox rp23 problem

ploppy
ploppy Posts: 173
edited November 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
right, i serviced the air chamber today, that went ok. however, the red damping adjust knob was jammed due to grit and dirt being present in there. i have stripped the knob out and cleaned off the dirt, however, it wont go back in as there is a plunger preventing the snail cam lobe on the bottom of the knob from engaging. any ideas on how to get the plunger to retract?

any help is good, cheers.
go flat out or fall out!

Comments

• Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    I'm sure i've read somewhere that taking the rebound knob off is a big no-no and you'll now to send it away for a full rebuild.....
  • ploppy
    thought as much, just thought i'd give it a go mentioning it on here. it had to come off anyway as it was siezed solid. it was like someone had poured grinding paste in there.
    go flat out or fall out!
  • The control or meter rod has been pushed through due to the nitrogen pressure behind it, the shock needs to be re gassed and re oiled to allow the rebound adjuster to be refitted,
    Suspension servicing, tuning, parts, setup and race support
    Locotuning.co.uk
  • ploppy
    Locotuning wrote:
    The control or meter rod has been pushed through due to the nitrogen pressure behind it, the shock needs to be re gassed and re oiled to allow the rebound adjuster to be refitted,

going by your name and signiture, would you be able to pm me a quote please?
    go flat out or fall out!