Impressed

Ubergroover
Ubergroover Posts: 7
edited November 2010 in Your road bikes
Two things happened this week.

Firstly my lovely 2 year old Condor Fratello died the other day. A huge stress fracture in the frame which ran from the down tube under the seat, all the way across to the top tube. I hadn't seen it earlier because it was hidden behind the rear brake cable. It had an easy life too, just commuting and 3 Dun runs.

So I took it back to Condor though honestly I was not confident they would be interested.

They really couldn't have been better or more helpful. They measured me up, swapped frames for me gratis, fitted all the componentry over and then only charged me for a brake cable.

So thank you Condor. I'm very impressed, and more to the point loving the Fratello. I'll be back.

The second good thing happened today. A call from the old Bill.

Plod: "Were you the victim of a bicycle theft in 2008?"

MeL "Yes" (Incidentally the bike I bought with the insurance money was Fratello mk1)

Plod: "We've nicked a bike thief, run his bike through the computer and it's come up as yours, stolen 2 years ago"

So it looks like I'm about to get my Specialized Sirius Comp back and one of London's many bike thieves has had a bad day.

Moral of the story: Register your frame number with the police.

Just thought I'd share

Comments

• nice pictures
    LOL road riding.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    The bike now belongs to your insurance company.

If you keep it, it is actually theft!

Seriously....

(they are entitled to it, to sell to recover their payout)
  • Scrumple wrote:
    The bike now belongs to your insurance company.

If you keep it, it is actually theft!

Seriously....

(they are entitled to it, to sell to recover their payout)

Er...

Wow. 3 posts in and I'm being accused of theft.

Let's see. A certainly third hand (but probably more) 2008 Specialized Sirus. Painted black (Badly I'm told) but still ridable, for sale.

Light to moderate use (Mostly wheelies, bag snatching and drug courier work) But beyond the 'custom paint job' unmaintained for two and a half years.

What am I bid? Do I hear £50. No, wait £100 tops.

Leave aside the moral point you're making (which is admirable and one I adhere to) it'll probably cost Nationwide more to process a payment than will be realized with the sale of the bike.

More to the point, as I've seen my premium rise not only in line with inflation, but in reflection of a series of bike thefts, by your logic do you think they'll do a deal?

I thought I was sharing a good news story. To be honest after having 5 bikes nicked in 10 years (now two of them twice) grand total: £5000 or there about's, I'm glad one of these pricks has been nicked.

You're not a loss adjuster are you Scrumple?
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    I thought I was sharing a good news story.

perhaps you could share it in a different forum - in case you hadn't noticed, this one is for bike pics.....
  • softlad wrote:

perhaps you could share it in a different forum - in case you hadn't noticed, this one is for bike pics.....

Fair enough. New mistake. But...um... nobody died...
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    softlad wrote:

Actually, everytime someone posts something in the wrong thread the bike radar internet police kill one of these:

cute_animal.jpg

Its severed head will be arriving through your letterbox any day now. You have been warned.

Never, ever, EVER, post something in the wrong thread again, or, I swear to god, you might actually BREAK the internet.

BTW - glad to hear your good news.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    softlad wrote:

Actually, everytime someone posts something in the wrong thread the bike radar internet police kill one of these:

cute_animal.jpg

Its severed head will be arriving through your letterbox any day now. You have been warned.

Never, ever, EVER, post something in the wrong thread again, or, I swear to god, you might actually BREAK the internet.

BTW - glad to hear your good news.

:lol::lol::lol:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Read my post - I did not accuse anyone of any crime at any point.

Just a heads up in case they came knocking. Like you said, they are likely to not bother - it was a warning not a sermon.