3rd cat help

slow turner
slow turner Posts: 58
edited November 2010 in Amateur race
Ive just got enough points today to get my 3rd cat ive just got to wait for serrl to put the results on the bc website, but my bc license says im a 4th cat so what happens there?

Thank you

Arran
Carpe Diem

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Ive just got enough points today to get my 3rd cat ive just got to wait for serrl to put the results on the bc website, but my bc license says im a 4th cat so what happens there?

You get sent a new licence in the post. Normally comes pretty quick.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Thank you sir
    :)
    Arran
    Carpe Diem
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Very little difference between 3rd and 4th Cat anyway - except pride. Congrats on the move though.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Pokerface wrote:
    Very little difference between 3rd and 4th Cat anyway - except pride. Congrats on the move though.

Quite a big difference in Surrey, there are no non-handicap 4th cat road races in the Surrey League, so it's a long long drive to get off of circuit racing. So whilst the strength of rider doesn't change much the opportunity does. Less of a reason to move up after that though.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    Pokerface wrote:
    Mmm...Newbie 3rd cat who just managed to scrape enough points to jump out of the precarious world of 4th catdom,. I agree However, comparing that same L plated 3rd cat against time constrained ex 2nd or 1st cats now rebadged as 3rd cats and the difference could be massive :wink:
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Wouldn't disagree, but I think PokerFace meant in terms of the races you are likely to be doing. It does depend where you are - certainly round this way most 3rd cats ride 3/4s and 2/3/4s, and most 4th cats ride 3/4s and 2/3/4s.

Of course the real difference is when people make jokes on forums about 4th cats crashing you can join in.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    Wouldn't disagree, but I think PokerFace meant in terms of the races you are likely to be doing. It does depend where you are - certainly round this way most 3rd cats ride 3/4s and 2/3/4s, and most 4th cats ride 3/4s and 2/3/4s.

Of course the real difference is when people make jokes on forums about 4th cats crashing you can join in.
    Sure there is a much of muchness with most 3rd cats. But I can still remember as a newbie 3rd cat that on more 'seletive' circuits there would always be approximately 15% of the field who appeared so much more stronger than me
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    It's hard to find 4th Cat only races where I live - so most races are 3/4 anyway. That's all I mean.

But as a 3rd Cat myself - I can confirm that 3rd Cats are WAY cooler than 4ths. 8)