trossachs

hainman
hainman Posts: 699
edited November 2010 in Routes
anyone done any riding up in the trossachs?been meaning to go up there as im only an hour or so away.a heads up would be very much appreciated
Giant Reign 2
Crohnie

Comments

• Check this post out.

http://www.bikeradar.com/commuting/foru ... highlight=

I had a great time recently in the 3 Lochs Forest Drive, ended up at Stronlachar on this one. Also spent hours in the forest trails at Loch Ard. 2 great trips and well recommended
    Trek 1.5 Triple 2011 Black
    GT Avalanche 1 MTB 2007 Steel Blue
  • hainman
    cheers mate.sounds good.ive read up on the loch ard one.have you been to mugdock??
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • No, only for walks and jogs round the reserviors. Been meaning to catch up with the meetup group, but not managed it yet. There is a regular tour round the mugdock area on a monday night.

From another post, whats your access point to the Kilpatrick hills ?

Cheers
  • hainman
    i have all access points mate,i live in clydebank so i head up the cochno or up the humphrey road,bit of a bugger of a climb but fun at the same time.where you at?
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • hainman wrote:
    i have all access points mate,i live in clydebank so i head up the cochno or up the humphrey road,bit of a bugger of a climb but fun at the same time.where you at?

Also in Clydebank. Is there an access point on the road up from OK just north of the A82 ?
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    You can access Cochno from a path that climbs 1,000ft up the Kilpatrick Braes from the A82 at Old Kilpatrick. The road runs under the A82 from the station. At the top, at Loch Humphrey you need to head downhill on a path to Greenside Reservoir. Watch it, this can be slippy. From Greenside you climb up and along the shoulder of Cochno Hill to Jaw Reservoir. There is no path on the map but a footpath can be worked out. There are three great downhills awaiting. From Greenside Reservoir, a solid track runs to Cochno estate. Further along, a quad bike track provides a fast, grassy descent to the same place. And further along again, at the right of Jaw Reservoir, a good stony track drops you from Maidens Paps through Edinbarnet and eventually Faifley.
    Re: The Trossachs. Had a good ride on Saturday from Lendrick near Brig o' Turk. New path (at start) takes you on to Glen Finglas for a 13 mile route up and round the 674m Meal Calla. Total distance is 17 miles. Quite barren at the back end but path all the way and cracking downhill. Expect to see loads of ramblers and mountain bikers en route. Details are on: http://www.incallander.co.uk/cycling/glenfinglas.htm
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    No, only for walks and jogs round the reserviors. Been meaning to catch up with the meetup group, but not managed it yet. There is a regular tour round the mugdock area on a monday night.

Cheers

You need to catch up with us then!! Looks like a lovely night ahead for the regular Monday Night run. Mugdock, Carbeth.... who knows where tonight.... :lol: 8)
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    No, only for walks and jogs round the reserviors. Been meaning to catch up with the meetup group, but not managed it yet. There is a regular tour round the mugdock area on a monday night.

Cheers

You need to catch up with us then!! Looks like a lovely night ahead for the regular Monday Night run. Mugdock, Carbeth.... who knows where tonight.... :lol: 8)

Great run round Muggers last night. Started over Dougalston, then past Esporta to the water works, where there is a tight singletrack rooty trail that end in a lovely grassy descent. Through the rhodedendrums, then up Mugdock Road. Did a lap of the Cyclo Cross course that was run on Sunday, then back down to Milngavie on some cracking wee single track descents. Fantastic fun in the dark, and plenty of cracking wee hidden paths and tracks. Can't wait for more!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • hainman
    rideronthestorm yeh you can go up station rd at O.K and just ride right up to the humphrey and then head over to the trig point and down to the greenie.theres also the right of way path up at the cochno road side up to the jaw and cochno then over to the greeinie that way.both are hard slog but fun on the way down,i was up the humphrey on sunday and we came down to overtoun house at milton,.that was feckin amazing some nice fire road access then some downhill then a wee path down the burn and out at overtoun house onto the a82 then along to bowling and along a wee path adjacent to the cycle path and out at the dump at O.K then up through the woods under the erskine brg where theres a nice steep drop off to practice on then home.i go up with my mates on sundays if i cant get to carron valley.if youy fancy itdrop me and email.cheers H p.s where you live in clydebank??
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie