need help with bottom bracket what tool or tools do i need

D4ND4R3
D4ND4R3 Posts: 5
edited November 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
hi i am taking this bottom bracket apart to replace bearings but not sure if i need a special tool or tools .
i have included 2 pics of left and right hand sides .
the left hand side is 2.5cm the right is 3.5 is there a special tool i need i used a adjustable spanner but it must have been week as it shreded the sides of the spanner .
look forward to your comments .

d4nd4r3

5131651145_c5fd0c39d2_b.jpg

5131651151_a35b1aee70_b.jpg

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • found out that i need the park tools hcw3 and hcw4 found and purchased the hcw4 but cant find the parktools hcw3 any where in the uk .
    found it on the park tools web site its discontinued has any one seen one for sale in the uk ??????
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The HCW3 is a 36mm spanner. Cyclo/Weldtite do one in their range of tools part no 06360.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • I GOT THE 36MM ON HCW4 ITS THE 25MM END ON THE HCW3 THAT I NEED
  • hi all i have manage to locate one direct from park tools for £11 all in delivered to uk from usa , appaerently this tool has been discontinued for 5 five years but they have a small stock of them .so if you want one contact park tool co. via email (reo@parktool.com)
    a big thank you to all that helped especialy roger olson at park tool company

just hope the job gose smoothly now will let ya know once all tools arrive
  • big adjustable spanner, job done.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I have an army surplus adjustable, 0-50.8mm with an 18" long arm, sorted!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    Or just buy a 25mm spanner, it's not like they don't exist. Google search would of helped you.