Bruyneel cops 2 month suspension

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2010 in Pro race
From begining of Feb til end of March for being a tool about 28-Gate.

Barredo also suspended for beating on Costa with a wheel
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Andrew N
    Andrew N Posts: 119
    The Barredo fisty-cuffs was a highlight of the Tour...not in a good way mind.

I fully expect Bruyneel to appeal and for the ban to get overturned...just you wait!
    www.goinggoingbike.com
    Does Bruyneel even come out of hibernation before the end of March?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Banned for the Tour of Oman. Ouch!
  • Nicely positioned so it doesn't interfere with his big TDU prep. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Nicely positioned so it doesn't interfere with his big TDU prep. :roll:

Of course, i forgot about his date with the biggest pro Tour event of the year.

One last desperate attempt for a post comeback win, because in 10 years time people are going to really notice that stage win above all his others....
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Wish it was longer... chump.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    I agree with the suspension but why is wearing bad SHIRTS (and complaining about the rules) the same punishment as violently, physically attacking another human being with a metal wheel and trying to inflict physical harm? (Barredo's punishment)
  • iainf72
    Bruyneel is probably being punished more for his daft outburst.

If it was just jerseys, I expect they would've just fined them.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    iainf72 wrote:
    Bruyneel is probably being punished more for his daft outburst.

If it was just jerseys, I expect they would've just fined them.

I know, that's why I included the "complaining about the rules" bit, but even with that, how's Barredo's punishment the same?! I don't get how these two equal each other at all.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Did Rui Costa escape a suspension because he's due to be banned anyway?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:

Nope. He offered Pat 6 moths of flat whites in his chain of coffee shops. Pat loves a flat white post Geelong and took him up on the offer in exchange for no fine.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Nope. He offered Pat 6 moths of flat whites in his chain of coffee shops. Pat loves a flat white post Geelong and took him up on the offer in exchange for no fine.

Flat whites? What the hell is that? Is that what a London poser calls a coffee with milk?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Flat whites are an Australian 'innovation', but yes, you're right Rich, it's a milky coffee.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    andyp wrote:
    Flat whites are an Australian 'innovation', but yes, you're right Rich, it's a milky coffee.

I can't be 100% sure - but you might get some angry Kiwi's along to debate that provenance.....
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Funny that on the one hand we have a report accusing the UCI of not target testing some of the sports biggest stars and then handing down a meaningless suspension on the DS of one of the sports biggest stars - is this supposed to make us believe the UCI are tough on rule violations? Because they're certainly not tough where it counts :roll:
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    RichN95 wrote:
    Flat whites? What the hell is that? Is that what a London poser calls a coffee with milk?

Rich there's a whole world beyond that valley :) It's not just milk it's "topped with creamy, stretched and spun whole milk"

http://www.starbuckscoffee.co.uk/flat-white-3/
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    dougzz wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Rich there's a whole world beyond that valley :) It's not just milk it's "topped with creamy, stretched and spun whole milk"

http://www.starbuckscoffee.co.uk/flat-white-3/

There's nothing more satisfying than going into the 'Bucks and asking for a skinny flat white :D

Strava is not Zen.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Flat white?

Kind of implies that you can get sparkling coffee...
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    So, let me just get this straight-

a spoonful of coffee in a mug with flat milk (which I find milk usually is. Lumpy milk is Not Good in coffee) and the skinny bit must be 'cos it's skimmed milk.

I don't get it.
  • Tusher
    Following intensive detective work, I can bring you,from the horse's mouth-

"Inspired by our regulars in Soho, and brought to you by our expert baristas. A short, intense and velvety coffee made with two shots of 100% Fairtrade certified espresso and topped with creamy, stretched and spun whole milk."

Milk that is s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d and then spun???? How the hades do they manage that then?
    Wool is stretched and spun, but milk?
  • Tusher
    I deduce I have transmogrified into a Grumpy Old Woman.
  • dougzz
    Tusher wrote:

Milk that is s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d and then spun???? How the hades do they manage that then?
    Wool is stretched and spun, but milk?

You take some ordinary milk, then spend a few hundred thousand with advertising types, and hey presto they milk is stretched and spun :)
  • Tusher
    I believe you, Dougzz, I believe you.

How much do they cost?
  • Tusher wrote:
    So, let me just get this straight-

a spoonful of coffee in a mug with flat milk (which I find milk usually is. Lumpy milk is Not Good in coffee) and the skinny bit must be 'cos it's skimmed milk.

I don't get it.

If you measure your coffee with spoons, and drink from mugs, then I'm not surprised you don't get it. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Tusher
    Sigh. You're right, wheelspinner. I'm just common.

Very occasionally, for the sort of visitors who progress beyond the kitchen, I dig out the cafetiere. But only very occasionally.
  • dougzz
    Tusher wrote:
    I believe you, Dougzz, I believe you.

How much do they cost?

I had a look this morning, £2.35 in Fulham.
  • Tusher
    £2.35? For a coffee?
    Bluddy 'ell. Although, tbh, I can't remember the last time I went out and paid for a coffee. On the rare occasions we do go out for a meal, (anniversary) we always skip the teas and coffee because they're too expensive.

I must live in a parallel universe. It's a nice universe though, and I think I'll stay here.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I'm with you Tusher.

Remember that woman who was arrested for refusing to speak the corporate lingo in Starbucks ?
    http://gothamist.com/2010/08/16/cops_ej ... _who_w.php

My wife drags me into Costa periodically, and I delight in asking for a 'big ordinary coffee with plain milk', rather than a 'grande' Latte/Cappucino/Americano/etc.
  • dougzz
    Costa is pony compared to Starbucks and Cafe Nero. Obviously the best places are the little independent ones, but you have to know the good from the bad. Personally I hate milk, so I'm a small black Americano with extra shot, space for milk in the top (not that I add it but it's a term they easily understand and I get a smaller stronger coffee). I refuse to use the stupid size conventions anywhere. The terms S, M and L work well, descriptive as relative to each other, why should I indulge supersize, regular and venti. Having said that I've never had a problem in any coffee chain over saying small or medium.

A lot of people I know rave about this place http://www.monmouthcoffee.co.uk/

Is pro race the place for this, i think we've really gone off plot here :) what rebels we are.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Nicely positioned so it doesn't interfere with his big TDU prep. :roll:

Interesting. Seems he is now going to CAS to get the ban moved up to Jan 1 - so he would actually miss the TDU:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruynee ... suspension