Team Bikes for 2011

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited February 2011 in Pro race
Does anyone know the new bike - team set ups for 2011, obviously Cervelo are with Garmin, but where are Felt off too?
Also Team Lux are on Treks is that right? HTC are on Spesh, but what about any other moves and GEOX, Pegasus and the like?

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Pegasus on Scott
    Saxo on Spesh
    Liquigas now being co-sponsored by Cannondale
    Astana on Spesh
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Felt are sponsoring a women's team. No men's Pro team on the books as of yet.

GEOX are on Fuji for 2011.
    Ridley with Vacansoleil.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Specialized are really sinking some big bucks into the sport.
  • inseine wrote:
    Specialized are really sinking some big bucks into the sport.

True, and I wonder if it is paying off in road bike sales for them? Around where I ride, Specialized would be by a long way the LEAST popular road bike brand amongst the race bike fraternity (and sorority!) I see three times as many Colnago out on the roads.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Maybe that's why the heavy investment. Specialized are fighting an uphill battle against the established dream machines like Colnago.
    As an analogy Honda made a superb car in the NSX that was by all accounts wonderful to drive and and much better than a comparable Ferrari in every respect but one, it didn't have a prancing horse logo. You can't just win market share by making the best product, it's way more complicated.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    dougzz wrote:
    Maybe that's why the heavy investment. Specialized are fighting an uphill battle against the established dream machines like Colnago.
    As an analogy Honda made a superb car in the NSX that was by all accounts wonderful to drive and and much better than a comparable Ferrari in every respect but one, it didn't have a prancing horse logo. You can't just win market share by making the best product, it's way more complicated.

Yeah, but how many Accords and Civics have Honda sold.

Specialized make most of their money on bikes under £1000, not the high end stuff.

They just want a champion they can associate their brand with to get brand well known (see Trek and Armstrong from example)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dougzz wrote:

The NSX was indeed terrific, and in *some* ways better than a Ferrari, but not all (I've driven the Honda and several Ferraris), but it's biggest problem was cost. Nobody argued it was not a great car, but most figured that it should be cheaper than a Ferrari (or Porsche in particular), and it wasn't, not by much here anyway.

Also, IMO, the "best product" rarely has the most market share. See "Campagnolo" for example... :lol:

Runs for the exit.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Canyon continue with Omega Pharma Lotto.

Focus are on board with Katusha.

HTC are on Specialized.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,570
    Makes no difference what bike they're on beyond a bit of advertising.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Now that High Road are on Specialized, does that mean they change from that awful yellow kit?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Now that High Road are on Specialized, does that mean they change from that awful yellow kit?

Looking at the Spesh they are going to be using, I would guess not...

1287423555372-1e3zqc2cubhvz-670-75.jpg
  • Cavendish on a ..... while he checks out the 2011 Worlds

cav.JPG
    Contador is the Greatest
  • stfc1
    stfc1 Posts: 505
    Cofidis staying with Look.
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    Presumably Colnago staying with Bbox/Europcar now they've been saved?
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • Pokerface
    Cavendish on a ..... while he checks out the 2011 Worlds

cav.JPG

He's riding a Willier Izoard XP Veloce R5 - with some of the name taped over to hide it. Name taped over on the chainstays also.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Now that High Road are on Specialized, does that mean they change from that awful yellow kit?

That's a shame, they only took on the yellow because of Scott.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    When I saw the shirt Cav had on after "Chasing Legends", I decided his taste was lacking,

Having seen him on a Wilier, I'm reconsidering!

I'm guessing Wilier are still with Lampre?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

cav.JPG

Cav's clearly at his winter weight now.... :wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Now that High Road are on Specialized, does that mean they change from that awful yellow kit?

That's a shame, they only took on the yellow because of Scott.

It's not the yellow that's the problem with the HTC kit, the colours alone are quite good, especially for a TV sport. It's the graphic design. Looks like whoever drew it up could not decide whether it was for a pro bike racing team or a Halloween party. It's just hideous. My LBS has a rack full of the stuff on sale at giveaway pricing, and it's still sitting there months later because no matter how nicely made it is, it just looks effing dreadful.
  • Pokerface
    SKY are giving their team bikes away to anyone that can beat Wiggins or Geraint on a 1-mile virtual course on a Watt Bike:

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... swift.html

Not an easy task for sure.

And if you win the bike, you might also get a 2 year contract to ride with Sky :lol::lol:
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,308

cav.JPG

When was that?

Cav In Denmark? I'd have popped over to say hello, and give my regards from Tush... ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    i think htc have just about the best jersey going to be honest. in rotterdam last year and on the roads of east yorkhire there was/ is hardly a more popular jersey
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • the new Luxembourg team are on trek this coming season.
    not sure what components they'll use though, i guess the Schlecks will do alot of testing to see which brand keeps the chain on best. :wink:
    exercise.png
  • from the half of the writing you can see i would say wilier but who knows?!?
  • Pokerface
    In case anyone is interested - article on what all the teams are riding/using in 2011 on CyclingNews:

2011 Team Equipment
  • galeria33367-001.jpg
    Katusha
    KatushaTeamBike.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • katusha-bike.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Contador is the Greatest
  • BMC on DI2 and Liguigas on SRAM. The seemingly bottomless pit of SRAMs marketing budget buys another team as well as Katusha.