Bad Form !

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited November 2010 in Road beginners
People who come on here - asking for which bike advice - we all chip in - even though the same question gets asked virtually every day ....

But then ..........OP disappears - never even telling us what he \ she brought

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    kingrollo wrote:
    People who come on here - asking for which bike advice - we all chip in - even though the same question gets asked virtually every day ....

But then ..........OP disappears - never even telling us what he \ she bought

FTFY :wink:

It's not the end of the world, though...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • They are just using us.

Let's not give any more advice.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Essex Man wrote:
    They are just using us.

Let's not give any more advice.

or lie to them.........
  • dmch2
    dmch2 Posts: 731
    matthew h wrote:
    or lie to them.........

Is that what everybody does in their sigs?

So you say you've got some epic collection of 3 grand uber bikes when in reality it's a 50 quid job from Tescos? :)
    2010 Trek 1.5 Road - swissstop green, conti GP4000S
    2004 Marin Muirwoods Hybrid
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    dmch2 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    or lie to them.........

Is that what everybody does in their sigs?

So you say you've got some epic collection of 3 grand uber bikes when in reality it's a 50 quid job from Tescos? :)

oopppps found out :lol:
  • Well for what it's worth I was really grateful for all the advice on this forum with my first road bike. Keep it up guys, it is appreciated !!
    Rich
    GT Idrive
    Trek 6300
    GT Chucker
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    'Buy a Boardman'

Best advice to never follow :D
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    kingrollo wrote:
    But then ..........OP disappears - never even telling us what he \ she brought

BOUGHT

I hate this word - my "bad form".
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Maybe they don't tell us as they're all the bike thieves finding out what are the most desireable bikes.
  • I'll take the bait - I recently chose a Specialized Secteur Elite 2011 based on some advice received after asking the "which bike?" question. I'm picking it up from the shop this afternoon...can't wait!
  • I did and i even posted a picture when I first picked mine up so :P

i don't think its just the what bike threads though, always get questions asked that intruige people and then never hear anymore. my excuse is i forget what threads i post in so lose track.

No big deal though in my opinion.
  • I'll take the bait - I recently chose a Specialized Secteur Elite 2011 based on some advice received after asking the "which bike?" question. I'm picking it up from the shop this afternoon...can't wait!

What? Are you nuts? You should have bought something else, which would have been so much better, obviously :D
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I must admit that I feel guilty bumping my own threads back to the top however, just ordered some RS80's, a 105 rear hub and a spoke tool based on the advice given. My wife is not quite as pleased as me (I won't tell her about the new 6700 cassette that is also on the way)!
  • Shame on them,

Never catch me doing that...

After ignoring everyones advice I shall shamelessly post a picture of my little build project.
  • rando
    rando Posts: 285
    sort of guilty.....I have asked for 'what bike' advice but have still not decided yet !!
    but have certainly not disappeared. still reading lots of advice but i do want to buy a bike if only i could decide which one !!