equipment hall of fame

2»

Comments

• Shotsaway
    Shotsaway Posts: 175
    I bought some Northwave SPD shoes in 1998. They are so old, I don't remember the name of the shoes. The equivalent one's today, would probably be the Northwave Expedition GTX Shoes.

Unfortunately I don't think they will last through the winter as the stitching on the side has started to come away.

I also recently threw out some Fox Digit gloves, which I bought in 2004 or 2005.
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    My Thudbuster long travel, almost 4 years of back saving pleasure. Well impressed.
    Don't think, BE:
  • Not necessarily all biking, but:

My Buffalo Mountain Shirt- Been taking me up mountains and trails walking and cycling in the worst of winter conditions for 13 yers now and is only just starting to feel worn.

My Scarpa walking boots 10+ and still feel like new.

The Scott Tampico I sold to a mate 6 years ago - he still raves about it.
  • NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    15 year old Hope XC front and rear hub
    12 year old hope mini brake.
    my 12 year old STX shifter just died .
    7 year old hope mono mini brake ,
    16 year old club roost handle bar ( i think i should change them. )
    4 year old LX hollow tech 2 cranks .
    12 year old Halo combat rims.
    my current chain 6 years old with little stretch.
    9 year old carrera (merida) frame.
    8 year old marzocchi Z1 drop off forks .
    10 year old orbit XL head set.
    2 year old magura odur forks (very nice they are )
    13 year old Tiagra rear mech on my MTB . and road bike

i also have a 25 year old steel peugot road frame (reynolds 501 tubing) with original meche crank set and German brake callipers (wienman?) it's quite light and a great feel .

Oh and my 13 year old Qrank QuameQuarzi full face lid. (still fits just need the DH bike to go with it again)
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    [quote
    quote]

6 years on one chain, guess you don't ride it much.
    Don't think, BE:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Those M6 titanium bolts I took out of a motorbike I was breaking to sell in about 2005, they've been in 2 motorbikes and 4 pushbikes now and have reduced the weight of each on by approximately 10 grams, awesome.

And the UN54 square taper BB I took out of my old mtb/new commuter earlier this year, it'd only been in there for 18 years and god knows how many thousands of miles. It was utterly utterly shagged mind and probably had been for the 2 years my brother was using it to commute on but still.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    XT brake- passed the three year mark a couple of months ago, not had to service it at all except change the pads. I think front brake would be on track except I bent the lever in a crash and had to replace it.

Also got a rear wheel, xt hub, dt 4.2 rims, done the same amount of time and had some pretty serious mileage. Stripped and regreased the bearings a few times, changed the freehub twice, still running smoothly.

I do like shimano!
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • DX Thumbies, still going strong last time I saw the old bike out and about. Put them on in 91-2ish. I let the bike go in 01. stupid me.

I would love to find a pair or 5 of Cannondale baggies from 1990. Today they are still the most comfortable pair of shorts I own for riding in.

Recently, its got to be deore HTII cranks, XT shadow mech and deore shifters. All been swapped over and have had lots of grim condition mileage under their belt. I have faith in them for the coming months too.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    wobbem wrote:
    [quote
    quote]

6 years on one chain, guess you don't ride it much.

i just look after it very very well . full clean and lube after every ride. clean my cassette after every ride and don't shift that much .