Soooo Man Lab with Mr May.

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited November 2010 in The Crudcatcher
thoughts?
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i loved it.

turns out im pretty much a man as i can do all of those things except play a guitar.
  • Not sure, will give it another watch next week though.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • i loved it.

turns out im pretty much a man as i can do all of those things except play a guitar.
    Tune it how he did, and even you can play geetar.

I would like to have seen what would have happened if he'd stayed in that hole a few minutes longer!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    Thought it was really good. I’m definitely a man as I can do all the things on there including the half playing the guitar thing. I’d half forgotten how good James May is as a freestanding presenter TBH.....
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    not as good as i hoped and a bit confused.
    i thought it was going to be quite serious but it looks like they are going down the (tried and tested) top gear semi-comedy route.

liked the kitchen worktop, but why the fish finger butty thing?
  • Anonymous
    I thought it was utter crap. Nonsense.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    And how predictable was that 'bomb' exploding behind him as he walked away? It's got Top Gear written all over it without the production values.

I like James May, but won't be watching this show again.
  • Anonymous
    Agreed, dodgy. Waste of time.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Nice idea, but confused and poorly executed. They made a big deal about how few men can wire a plug then made a half arsed, confusing rhyme about remembering how to do it. What about explaining why the earth is important, how to trim the wires etc?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Yep, on the plug thing. Easy to remember - BLue (bottom left) BRown (Bottom Right).

Agreed, very confused flow.
  • Anonymous
    Nice idea, but confused and poorly executed. They made a big deal about how few men can wire a plug then made a half arsed, confusing rhyme about remembering how to do it. What about explaining why the earth is important, how to trim the wires etc?
    Because Earth is a secret conspiracy. It's the Damned EU, I tell you, forcing us to have Earth :lol:

If you need telling how to wire a plug, when its written inside almost all of them for you anyway, then details on how to strip a wire might just blow your mind.
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    I was really looking froward to it, but it turned out to be total crap IMHO.

More than a snif of Brainiac about it for my liking.

I was hoping it would be a shorter faster version of somethink a boat/heli/bike/car is born type of thing. I.E. watching someone doing something intersting, that I had no intention of doing myself.

Kitchen worktop - rubbish
    Model train thing - rubbish
    Love song, easy guitar thing - rubbish

Quite enjoyed the bomb thing, but got frustrated because they'd show a couple of mins of it then something else, oddly enjoyed the boot polishing thing too.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535

At work we had to throw out any wired plugs we had when we hat a PAT test. Health and Safety rules seem to say that all plugs should be moulded onto the end of the wires and you should not be wiring them yourselves any more...!
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    couldnt help but laugh....in one of the cut aways between films they burned a H+S document with a blow toarch in a blatant act of defiance.

then he was told to re do the pointless cooking bit because he cracked the glass. mmmm very manly.
  • Anonymous
    apreading wrote:

At work we had to throw out any wired plugs we had when we hat a PAT test. Health and Safety rules seem to say that all plugs should be moulded onto the end of the wires and you should not be wiring them yourselves any more...!
    I've heard someone tell me that is the case with IEC mains plugs, the "kettle" part of them, but never on a 13-amp plug.
  • I enjoyed it, took the micky out of all the poncy lads i know lol