This brightened up my day!

max888
max888 Posts: 206
edited November 2010 in The bottom bracket
TraxBikeandFurniturePhotos001.jpg

TraxBikeandFurniturePhotos002.jpg

I just want to meet the person who put that together, on second thoughts, I don't :lol:

Comments

• Putting aside the ASDA forks you have to have some sympathy for anyone who feels it necessary to lock up this pinkness. Another half price Halfords canal filler.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • max888
    you have to have some sympathy for anyone who feels it necessary to lock up this pinkness

Very true, I've just noticed that it's not even locked to the lamp post just the wheel to the frame. :roll: .
  • Max888 wrote:
    you have to have some sympathy for anyone who feels it necessary to lock up this pinkness

Very true, I've just noticed that it's not even locked to the lamp post just the wheel to the frame. :roll: .

Perhaps they are just trying to make sure the wheel stays in the drop outs? And taking into account how poor the seat clamps are on those things you could probably just pul the seat post out and leave the wheel. If you were so inclined of course.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    *Serviced by Halfords :D
  • sandy hill wrote:
    Max888 wrote:

Perhaps they are just trying to make sure the wheel stays in the drop outs? And taking into account how poor the seat clamps are on those things you could probably just pul the seat post out and leave the wheel. If you were so inclined of course.
    no, everyone knows thats the way the forks supposed to be :D
  • max888
    no, everyone knows thats the way the forks supposed to be

Yeah, Halfords pushing the envelope of fork design! :P
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    maybe someone locked it up to save them the shame of riding it!
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Not sure what the fork's going on here
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    for forks sake...
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    I suppose we are going to be saddled with silly comments now.

-Spider-
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Enough, forkrying out loud
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Ye Olde Pace forks used to have the brake mounts on the 'wrong' side of the forks to improve braking. Perhaps whoever set the bike up was trying to get the same effect?
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    I can't believe you lot are belittling some poor kids bike. fork shame on you all!
    Hat + Beard
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    I think we need to put a brake on this.

-Spider-
  • Right, is it pink or lilac? I reckon it's lilac but pink girlishness appears to have taken over neighbouring colours. There's too much blue in it to be pink and if you see pink you're guilty of mauvism. So there.
  • TFS 1 = Transfigured Fork Set-up. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • max888
    Ye Olde Pace forks used to have the brake mounts on the 'wrong' side of the forks to improve braking. Perhaps whoever set the bike up was trying to get the same effect?

I don't assume that people who buy Trax bikes know about that sort of thing...
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Was this photo stolen from "Your Mountain Bikes" thread?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Seen this a few times but by far the worst i've seen was a bike with canti's on .
    Left hand turns no problem but right hand turns looked a little more tricky. :D
  • max888
    Was this photo stolen from "Your Mountain Bikes" thread?

Ha, no I took the photo on Oundle highstreet las weekend. Unless you're an 11 year old girl :P