WSD for men

1_reaper
1_reaper Posts: 322
edited November 2010 in Road buying advice
I am not the tallest of tall people(5 2") and always had 50cm road bikes and always had to have a shorter stem and saddle a tad forward. Just wondering if i'd be better off with a WSD bike. I know you can get 48cm road bikes but i like my Trek's. always had them. To get a dealer to get a small bike in stock for me to test ride could be a problem as if i did not like it would be hard to move on(maybe?)

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Sure. If you don't mind riding a pink or baby blue frame. :lol:
  • 1_reaper
    It would show my feminine side :lol:
  • junior bike?
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    WSD?
  • Joycie
    Joycie Posts: 127
    Women's Specific Design (WSD) for Trek.

Specialized call it D4W (Designed for Women)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I don't think WSD designs are just smaller frames. DOn't they have different geometry also?
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Yeah they'll tend to have a shorter top tube relative to the seat tube than a man's/conventional frame will. Still might work for you though, just depends on your body (in a similar way some women are better off with a man's frame if they can get one small enough).
  • stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    If it fits and it's comfy it doesn't matter whether it is mens or WSD but the best way of getting the right bike size is to have a bike fit.
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • 1_reaper
    Was thinking of getting that done. Be interesting to see the results
  • floosy
    floosy Posts: 270
    I am a tad under 5`2" and ride a female specific frame... its Italian though made by viner...
    and it fits perfectly...

and it would be a traditional 46cm frame....

ohh and yes I am male..(well last time I looked )

Dave.
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    If it fits and it's comfy it doesn't matter whether it is mens or WSD but the best way of getting the right bike size is to have a bike fit.

Yip.... +1 if the shoe fits, wear it.... don't worry about the WSD tag.... they are good bikes.
  • 1_reaper
    Not fussed if it's a WSD bike or not as long as people have said as long as it's comfy and feels right. The 50cm frames are fine just always wondered if the WSD and or a smaller frame would be better. Shall check those viner frames out floosy thanks. Anybody heard of this company ? Thanks :D