Eddy Merckx biography or autobiography

Garrigou
Garrigou Posts: 145
edited November 2010 in The bottom bracket
Some great biographies out there - Anquetil, Pantani, Coppi, Millar etc, but I haven't seen anything out there which gets the same quality reviews regarding the career of Mr E.Merckx.
Anyone point me in the direction of something which is a good read?
Ta v much.
Between me & Eddy Merckx we've won pretty much everything worth winning on a bike.

Comments

• I have "Eddy Merckx - The Greatest Cyclist of the 20th Century" by Rik Vanwalleghem - published by Velopress and strongly recommend it.
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    very very surprised he hasn't 'written' one himself,

most sports people try and cash in at the end of thier careers, or in the case of footballers when they are 23 ....

even crap ones try to make some dough if a publisher can be convinced, read the reviews of this example for a laugh :-
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/1844548619/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
  • Garrigou
    Garrigou Posts: 145
    Thanks Nick - I'll look that up.
    Between me & Eddy Merckx we've won pretty much everything worth winning on a bike.
  • I have "Eddy Merckx - The Greatest Cyclist of the 20th Century" by Rik Vanwalleghem - published by Velopress and strongly recommend it.

I have this but can only reccomend it for the pictures, not the writing (what there is of it). Astonishingly sycophantic - even Lance would blush to get this kind of fanboy treatment (well, maybe not!!), its more a eulogy than a biography. Plus its hard to find and expensive when you do. A proper Merckx biography is well overdue.
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000