Clocks go back tonight.

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited October 2010 in The bottom bracket
Just a reminder for fellow Brits on here. It's no fun turning up an hour early for the club run or two hours if you c0ck it up and put your clock forward. :lol:
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    cheers Frank :D
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    Might wait another day to put my clock back. I'd much rather have an extra hour in bed on an Monday morning!
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    time.jpg
  • Retro1702
    Retro1702 Posts: 135
    Boourns, 21 weeks of hell....
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    Retro1702 wrote:
    Boourns, 21 weeks of hell....

or only 7 weeks till it starts getting lighter
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    regret trying to explain it to my 5 year old, he went bed wanting to know where it went :)
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,687
    freehub wrote:
    time.jpg
    Your clock seems to have stopped anyway - you'd better get a new battery in the morning.
  • It's the only time that I'm able to have sex with Mrs Inshearah for an hour and 2 minutes. :lol:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    It's the only time that I'm able to have sex with Mrs Inshearah for an hour and 2 minutes. :lol:

:lol:
  • Weejie54
    Weejie54 Posts: 750
    regret trying to explain it to my 5 year old, he went bed wanting to know where it went

Recite him this verse by Frida Wolfe:

Timothy took his time to school,
    Plenty of time he took.
    But some he lost in the tadpole pool
    And some in the stickle back brook.
    Ever so much in the linnets nest,
    And more on the five-barred gate.
    Timothy too his time to school,
    But he lost it all and was late.

Timothy has a lot to do -
    How shall it all be done ?
    Why, he never got home till close on two,
    Though he might have been back by one.
    There's sums, and writings, and spelling, too,
    And an apple tree to climb.
    Timothy has a lot to do -
    How shall he find the time ?

Timothy sought it high and low!
    He looked in the tadpole pool
    To see if they'd taken the time to grow
    That he lost on the way to school.
    He found the nest an he found the tree,
    And he found the gate he'd crossed,
    But Timothy never shall find (ah me!)
    The time that Timothy lost.

Some may recognise the words from a song by Donovan.
  • matthew h wrote:
    It's the only time that I'm able to have sex with Mrs Inshearah for an hour and 2 minutes. :lol:

:lol:

Real staying power that is mate.

Just adjusted all my clocks, good night one and all, have a good ride in the morning, failing that go out on ya bike. :wink::lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    You'll see by looking at what time I'm posting this that I forgot that the clocks go back. :cry:
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    Tonymufc wrote:
    You'll see by looking at what time I'm posting this that I forgot that the clocks go back. :cry:

8:02 ... whats wrong with that ?

lazy bugger

:)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Tonymufc wrote:

We must use this extra time Tony!!! Someone give me some impetus to go for a ride please!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc wrote:

8:02 ... whats wrong with that ?

lazy bugger

:)

I've just done the Tour of the Peak, so I was planning on having a lie in, only to have it rudely taken away from me by the start of British winter time. Curse my stupidity. :evil:
  • Tonymufc
    ddraver wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:

We must use this extra time Tony!!! Someone give me some impetus to go for a ride please!!!

Well seen as I'm up I may as well try and go for a light spin to get rid of some of the tightness in my legs. (see above post)
  • wtf is the point of this unnecessary dicking around with the clocks anyway? Just pointless in this day and age. Look, tractors even have headlights these days so even our farming friends can't claim it's to help them.
  • wtf is the point of this unnecessary dicking around with the clocks anyway? Just pointless in this day and age. Look, tractors even have headlights these days so even our farming friends can't claim it's to help them.

I'm with you on this, it's just a pain in the @rse adjusting the bloomin' clocks every six month.
    Tail end Charlie

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Who are these Luddites that still have clocks that don't adjust themselves!!?? 8)
  • Pokerface wrote:
    Who are these Luddites that still have clocks that don't adjust themselves!!?? 8)

TBH I don't have to actually adjust the clocks, I just replace the candles. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    You should change the name of this thread now so that no one ends up an hour early for work tomoro. ;)

On the upside - at least all forum posts display the correct posting time now.
  • dmch2
    dmch2 Posts: 731
    My wife's a midwife and if they're working the shift over midnight when the clocks get changed they still get paid for the same number of hours. Bonus when they go forward, complete pain when a 12 hour shift becomes 13 with no extra pay!
    2010 Trek 1.5 Road - swissstop green, conti GP4000S
    2004 Marin Muirwoods Hybrid
  • Fantastic, shut the blinds at about 5.00pm this evening. All down hill from here. :cry:
    Tail end Charlie

• The clocks bit was dead easy, progressively system-restoring my PC to ever earlier dates so that I could finally wrest back control of the operating system was an ordeal. Clocks back one hour, Computer back 20 days (it's 11 October all over again somewhere inside the machine) and 20 hours wasted. Time and dates no longer hold any meaning for me, whatsoever....
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Frank.Were did the clocks back to? :roll:
    bagpuss
  • dmch2
    dmch2 Posts: 731
    Fantastic, shut the blinds at about 5.00pm this evening. All down hill from here. :cry:

That's one way to make the trick or treaters think you're not in...
    2010 Trek 1.5 Road - swissstop green, conti GP4000S
    2004 Marin Muirwoods Hybrid