Who's riding Monsal Hill Climb?

sheffsimon
sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
edited October 2010 in Amateur race
Me hopefully, if entry is accepted :)

Rode up today for first time ever, been riding in Peaks for 25 years, never been up it, so I thought I would see if my 12-21 cassette I've been road racing on would be OK.

39/21 seems about right for the steep bit of the climb for me, and was definitely at my limit at the top!

Comments

• andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    Considering it, it's quite a way for me to travel for a couple of minutes graft tho'. It's supposed to be good day out all the same.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I'm not, but I will be riding out to watch it (I'd have entered if I hadn't just had almost 4 weeks off eating disgusting amounts of food in Florida).

Looks like there's a very likely winner in Russ Downing. I believe he's having a crack at the record held by Malcolm Elliott....
    More problems but still living....
  • sheffsimon
    amaferanga wrote:
    I'm not, but I will be riding out to watch it (I'd have entered if I hadn't just had almost 4 weeks off eating disgusting amounts of food in Florida).

Looks like there's a very likely winner in Russ Downing. I believe he's having a crack at the record held by Malcolm Elliott....

Looks like a strong headwind for Sunday, might put paid to Russ's chances of the record, probably quite sheltered in the valley though, we'll see.

TBH I would rather have spent 4 weeks in Florida than ride up Monsal. :)
  • sheffsimon
    A fantastic event, well done, yet again, to SheffRec and Marc.

Great crowd, great weather and a not so great ride by yours truly, overgeared and undertrained :)

Still enjoyed it, despite me entire body hurting after I crossed the line.
  • anybody got photos from the day?
    It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    There are some on the gallery derbymercury.org.uk haven't looked though so may just be Merc riders.

edit - just checked and they aren't up yet

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Dug
    Dug Posts: 153
    We had a film crew out at Monsal Hill Climb this year to celebrate the 80th race. You can see the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJx2wsW22nw

May play around with the sequence of the film - but I wanted to post now. Every rider is featured at some point during the footage.

Enjoy.