Thinking of upgrade, worth it?

Squillinossett
Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
edited October 2010 in Road buying advice
Bit of advise guys,

Seen a Felt AR4 in the flesh, and its a lovely looking bike, im thinking of selling my Boardman Team Carbon (in sig below) and buying the Felt AR4 in the sale (at £1750)

Do you think it will be worth it? I would be keepingthe EA90SL's and Zipp bar/stem, so really its an upgrade of the frame and swap of grouppo (Rival to Ultegra 6700)

Im in two minds if I should do this, or just buy a new frame and keep all the parts I already have?

Just looking for some input as I am really in two minds?

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Or keep the frame and upgrade the parts. That would be my choice.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Hearing you say that it's a lovely bike makes me think that this is a bling upgrade and not
    a performance one. In which case, IMHO, get rid of the old one and style around in the Felt. New frames always look better than older ones. Especially when YOU think so.
    Anyway those are my thoughts.
  • Pokerface wrote:
    Or keep the frame and upgrade the parts. That would be my choice.

I thouight about this, but I prefer the look of the Felt, and it comes with 6700 Ultegra, I dont think I would spend the extra on DA!

No need to upgrade any other parts, and wheels and finishing it are about as good as I can get!
  • Yep, I would upgrade the frame......groupset probably isn't that much of an upgrade but should be a bit smoother. Wheels and finishing kit are fine to move across.

Not quite sure why, but I am not a great fan of the Boardman bikes.....
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Sounds like you've already answered your own question!

(In my experience, one never needs a good reason or excuse to purchase new bike equipment. Only a 'plausible' justification for the missus - if you have one to answer to. I don't, so buy stuff on whim all the time.)
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    I think he already has a plausible justification- his missus has just bought a new Felt.

Get in there and fill yer boots mate. Can't have the missus outblinging you.
  • Think a trip to LBS might be in order tomorrow!
  • Pokerface wrote:
    In my experience, one never needs a good reason or excuse to purchase new bike equipment. Only a 'plausible' justification for the missus

How very true :lol:
  • boblo
    boblo Posts: 360
    Bit of advise guys,
    <snip>

Bit of advise? At the risk of being provocative, learn to spell advice...
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    boblo wrote:
    Bit of advise guys,
    <snip>

Bit of advise? At the risk of being provocative, learn to spell advice...

Good advise Bob