Can i route dura ace cables under tape like campag?

ukracer
ukracer Posts: 421
edited October 2010 in Workshop
Hello All

Currently got dura ace 7800 with the cables routed out front but was wondering if i can route them under tape so they are hidden.

Comments

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    the short answer is no. if your cables exit at the front of the levers, then there is no practical or feasible method of routing them from anywhere else...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I've seen pics of some pro bikes with a short section of Nokon outer coming out of the side of the shifter and describing a brief ? shape before disappearing beneath the bar tape. You can get tighter radius bends without the friction using Nokon.
  • keef66
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    sorry, but that just smacks of desperation to me.....like I said - 'no practical or feasible method'.... ;)
  • keef66
    In the following discussion it sems it's less than ideal from a functionality point of view. Cheaper than new 105 / Ultegra / Dura Ace shifters or a switch to Campag though.

I'm happy with my cables out front, and my lights casting a shadow reminiscent of the McDonalds logo.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Answering original post
    - no, if you had latest 7900 then it fits under the tape as you say, but 7800 gives you the washing line effect
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,817
    At one point didn't Eric Zabel have Shimano cables routed under the bar tape with the aforementioned Nokon being utilised ?