Cheap carbon bike off ebay?

Shane77
Shane77 Posts: 6
edited October 2010 in Road beginners
Hi guys i won this bike off ebay

[/url]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290489379179&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

as i am new to cycling and this will be my first road bike i was hoping someone could tell me if it is worth the money or not (£1000) and if it would be a good bike for a beginer thanks in advance.

Comments

• If the spec is as listed and the bike is in as good a shape as in the pics. You've got a deal there!
  • Teach
    Teach Posts: 386
    Looks good. Interesting chain set 53 29.
  • Surely he has mistyped? It has to be a 39/53 (i hope) is there such a thing as a 29/53? Seems unusual.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Nice, love the handlebars and seatpost!
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    It looks the nuts. Hope you are collecting and checking it thoroughly but it looks like you have bagged a stunner.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 358
    I assume you are going to collect it and pay on collection?

THe old addage if something is too good to be true.... etc etc.

Assuming it's the real deal though you have grabbed yourself a bargain :lol:
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • Yeah gonna collect it myself and give it a good checking over, I was also talking to the seller he's not happy it went for such a low price but is still gonna honor the bid :)
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 358
    Shane77 wrote:
    Yeah gonna collect it myself and give it a good checking over, I was also talking to the seller he's not happy it went for such a low price but is still gonna honor the bid :)

In that case fair enough although TBH it's a 2 year old bike regardless of initial build cost so he coudnt have expected it to go for any more than £1500 at a push!
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Yes a decent bike for the money.

DA7800 is a superb groupset IMO

Fulcrum 7 wheels are noting special but as a brand I like Kuotas