Bought my 1st bike (Mongoose Tyax Elite 2010)

wozza84
wozza84 Posts: 10
edited October 2010 in MTB beginners
Just saying hello after buying my 1st bike from Rutland Cycling and found this forum which seems to have alot of info. Bought the bike for £299 on Sunday but only been on it once due to the rubbish weather. I live around the Huntingdon area so looking for advice on where to go riding? Cheers

EDIT: Added a quick picture after a quick clean.
SDC11354.jpg
SDC11355.jpg
SDC11353.jpg

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Welcome Wozza suggest you have a look in the 'Rides' forum.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jadamson
    jadamson Posts: 644
    cooldad wrote:
    Welcome Wozza suggest you have a look in the 'Rides' forum.
    that ^ and man up and brave the weather! its more fun when its muddy (sometimes :roll: )

p.s pics of the bike please :D
  • wozza84
    After A quick clean my brakes are making an awful noise, is it the discs after the wash? Anything i can do stop the noise? Another problem i have is i kinda hate mtbing as i have OCD when it comes to car detailing. I hate anything dirty so i seem to clean it after everytime i have been for a ride I did wax the frame with some of my car stuff tonight so the dirt doesnt stick (DODO JUICE)
  • jadamson
    wozza84 wrote:
    After A quick clean my brakes are making an awful noise, is it the discs after the wash? Anything i can do stop the noise? Another problem i have is i kinda hate mtbing as i have OCD when it comes to car detailing. I hate anything dirty so i seem to clean it after everytime i have been for a ride I did wax the frame with some of my car stuff tonight so the dirt doesnt stick (DODO JUICE)

probably just water on the pads, let them dry or blast it out by braking a lot, if that doesnt work might be contaminated with oil, just blast some disk brake cleaner/degreaser there and dry. Check all your bolts on the brake is tight.
  • wozza84
    jadamson wrote:
    wozza84 wrote:

probably just water on the pads, let them dry or blast it out by braking a lot, if that doesnt work might be contaminated with oil, just blast some disk brake cleaner/degreaser there and dry. Check all your bolts on the brake is tight.

Cheers for that. Just wiped them with a cloth and went for a quick ride braking alot and its back to normal. :D
  • jadamson
    wozza84 wrote:

Cheers for that. Just wiped them with a cloth and went for a quick ride braking alot and its back to normal. :D

Good to hear :D they always squeal a little after a wash.