Pellizotti to....

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2010 in Pro race
Sky?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pellizo ... d-movistar

Amongst others. Interesting where the pressure seems to be coming from.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Sky, Geox, Astana or Movistar. One of those teams is not like the others. Not yet anyway.

Surely this is Pellizotti's agent drumming up interest.
  • iainf72
    afx237vi wrote:
    Sky, Geox, Astana or Movistar. One of those teams is not like the others. Not yet anyway.

Surely this is Pellizotti's agent drumming up interest.

Do you mean GEOX with their no-needles policy?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    edited October 2010
    EDIT: Would go against Sky's squeaky clean approach.
    I think afx is on the money with the agent drumming up interest there.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    You mean their "no questions asked policy" :wink:

Never say never but it would represent a major change of strategy for Sky.

Only a year ago Brailsford rejected his blood brother Nibali and this time Pellizotti is under a massive cloud with UCI annoyance and a possible appeal to the CAS, so this would be even worse. You can't imagine Sky ringing up the UCI doctor and saying "does his biopassport look ok" after all.

I sense this is the vaguest of rumours... but some are being mischievous in floating the idea, enjoying the way it's embarrassing for Sky to be linked to this guy.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Presumably he'll be joining Sky around the same time Neil Stephens does?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:
    Presumably he'll be joining Sky around the same time Neil Stephens does?

They did talk though, I believe. You get the impression Brailsford head will glow like a beacon when he reads this report.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    You'll note that the article mentions that it is Sky Italy and Pinarello that are "interested" and the agent "has spoken" to Brailsford - "Ciao Dave". Would be VERY surprised...
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Sonny73 wrote:

Which didn't stop them signing Michael Rogers
  • Kléber
    I could be wrong but think Rogers problems are from years ago, the T-Mobile days.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    True, although Brailsford's original intention was to sign noone with any dubious history whatsoever, unlike JV who was prepared to sign reformed characters. Signing Pelizotti would be a much bigger step down the slippery slope.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Sonny73 wrote:

Allegations against Rogers have been sketchy at best and largely exaggerated by 'internet forum people'.

Pellizotti, on the other hand, has actually been suspended. He may be innocent, but there's obviously something not quite right.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Sonny73 wrote:

Allegations against Rogers have been sketchy at best and largely exaggerated by 'internet forum people'.

Pellizotti, on the other hand, has actually been suspended. He may be innocent, but there's obviously something not quite right.

Rogers worked with Ferrari, that's been admitted. At that time he won 3 world championship TTs. What's he won since in that line? Doesn't prove anything but it is quite suspicious
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    there's more chance of iain signing for Sky than there is of Pellizotti
  • RichN95.
    dave milne wrote:

Rogers worked with Ferrari, that's been admitted. At that time he won 3 world championship TTs. What's he won since in that line? Doesn't prove anything but it is quite suspicious

Like I said, sketchy. That's more innuendo than specific allegations.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    there's more chance of iain signing for Sky than there is of Pellizotti

I'm sure I read somewhere that Iain doesn't ride :D
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    RichN95 wrote:
    dave milne wrote:

He worked with Ferrari, that's a lot more than innuendo. You only work with Ferrari to do one thing, dope and get away with it.
  • RichN95.
    andyp wrote:

He worked with Ferrari, that's a lot more than innuendo. You only work with Ferrari to do one thing, dope and get away with it.

But is doping the only thing he does?

He did and continues to produce training programs for amateurs. Why not pros like Rogers? We don't actually know what their relationship was and no-one has ever said anything about it in any detail. Without any details it's just innuendo.

I'm not claiming that Rogers was clean, but he's never been banned, suspended, charged or investigated, so you can't compare him to FP who has been suspended and may well still get banned.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    andyp wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    dave milne wrote:

Extremely slanderous allegation with no proof provided to validate.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    At least it would give them a shout of a popdium place in a Grand Tour! :lol:

As a side issue, Wiggins = worst value for money signing in recent years???? :lol:
  • Kléber
    To think someone goes to Ferrari for amateur training plans is a good one. Ferrari relies on his reputation as a master coach of the pros to produce "cookie-cutter" training plans for amateurs, the basic ideas revolve around base miles, up the intensity as you get closer to D-Day. I can't quite imagine a pro based in Italy opting for this but you never know.

Rogers was also a "student" at Freiburg university too. But all that's in the past, if he wants to leave past mistakes behind and do it right, good on him. Some might be unsatisfied that a fish got through the next but most riders weren't caught.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Extremely slanderous allegation with no proof provided to validate.

Erm, are we talking about the same Dr Michele Ferrari who was convicted of supplying doping products to athletes by an Italian court?
  • RichN95.
    Kléber wrote:
    Rogers was also a "student" at Freiburg university too. But all that's in the past, if he wants to leave past mistakes behind and do it right, good on him. Some might be unsatisfied that a fish got through the next but most riders weren't caught.

Again, was he actually involved? No-one has actually said he was.

What Sinkewitz said was that he and four others went to Freiberg during the 2006 Tour. There were only 7 in the team (Ullrich and Sevilla excluded). So two of them stayed behind. Which two?

Kessler - banned for doping?
    Mazzolini - banned for doping?
    Honchar - sacked by T-Mobile for 'irregularities'?
    Kloden - reported to have been named by Sinkewitz?
    Rogers?
    Guerini?
  • Kléber
    Don't focus on who climbed in the team car one evening during one race. The whole team was prepared by the Freiburg University staff, the even issued a press release quoting Lothar Heinrich.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Kléber wrote:
    Only a year ago Brailsford rejected his blood brother Nibali idea, .
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Nibali decide to stay with Liquigas rather than go to Sky? DB never devulged whose bp was a bit dodgy that i remember reading., but no doubt you know better.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • RichN95.
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    Only a year ago Brailsford rejected his blood brother Nibali idea, .
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Nibali decide to stay with Liquigas rather than go to Sky? DB never devulged whose bp was a bit dodgy that i remember reading., but no doubt you know better.

Yep. That's pretty much what happened. But some people, as I pointed out earlier, like to use innuendo, conjecture and embellishment to label someone a doper. It's as though they want them all to be dopers.

Wiggins breaks a contract and is labelled a disloyal scumbag
    Nibali doesn't break a contract and he's labelled a doper.

They just can't win.

The truth is that Nibali was still linked with Sky in the press after Brailsford comment (this forum all decided it was Di Luca). I've heard him described as an 'Italian you can trust' (or similar) by several journalists.

Now let's all try and defame anonther rider. How about Hushovd? He's a bit ugly looking, so that's HGH right? Or what about EBH who lives in the middle of nowhere? Must be to avoid OOC testing. Or how about my parents? They were recently inSt Moritz and have a timeshare in Tenerife? That's got to be dodgy, especially when you look at my dad's vastly fluctuating golf scores.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Yep. That's pretty much what happened. But some people, as I pointed out earlier, like to use innuendo, conjecture and embellishment to label someone a doper. It's as though they want them all to be dopers.

Wiggins breaks a contract and is labelled a disloyal scumbag
    Nibali doesn't break a contract and he's labelled a doper.

They just can't win.

The truth is that Nibali was still linked with Sky in the press after Brailsford comment (this forum all decided it was Di Luca). I've heard him described as an 'Italian you can trust' (or similar) by several journalists.

Now let's all try and defame anonther rider. How about Hushovd? He's a bit ugly looking, so that's HGH right? Or what about EBH who lives in the middle of nowhere? Must be to avoid OOC testing. Or how about my parents? They were recently inSt Moritz and have a timeshare in Tenerife? That's got to be dodgy, especially when you look at my dad's vastly fluctuating golf scores.

Hushovd is hot