needed ride training partner

bigdavehull
bigdavehull Posts: 47
edited November 2010 in Training, fitness and health
names dave i live kingswood hull

im looking at getting fit through the winter by riding ive had my bike for around 4 months and try and get out as much as weather permits, also i ride mtb at dalby as much as poss( most weekends if gf allows), but need a riding partner for weekends just for those extra miles and someone to push so i can get fitter, i am determind, currently 6ft 4, and 18 stone but wanna be able to drop 3-4 stone, my eating has changed and im trying my hardest so any offers let me know

dave
road riding beast prorace scylla with sram rival
specialized xc for off road

Comments

• You should try local clubs
    http://www.veloclubbeverley.org.uk/
  • good luck with the riding and the weight loss im curently 17 st 6 lb myself and losing weight due to my biking hope you find some company on this long road
    going downhill slowly
  • cheers for that guys il have a look now, i need shoes now so just waiting for pay day and il be out
  • You could also try http://www.hullthursdayrc.co.uk they have both road and MTB sections
    2 Wheels or not 2 wheels..That is not in question.
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    names dave i live kingswood hull

im looking at getting fit through the winter by riding ive had my bike for around 4 months and try and get out as much as weather permits, also i ride mtb at dalby as much as poss( most weekends if gf allows), but need a riding partner for weekends just for those extra miles and someone to push so i can get fitter, i am determind, currently 6ft 4, and 18 stone but wanna be able to drop 3-4 stone, my eating has changed and im trying my hardest so any offers let me know

dave

I'm in exactly the same position myself Dave.
    I'm currently 17st 6lbs and 6'0" . My weight has yo-yo'd for 10 years now and as fast as I get 1 stone off I get sick or busy with work and it all piles back on again.!
    All the clubs local to me are either too far away or their club runs are 18mph average speed on fairly hilly routes so far too quick for me.

It occurred to me that you Bexley and me could ride together in spirit as it were. This may not be as daft as it sounds . if we all decide on a time and distance to cycle it will motivate us to go out for a ride. We can compare notes, routes etc av speed , terrain, perceived difficulty, dieting and fitness program ideas etc .when we get back.

What do you think ? it would be good to have some cycling buddies
  • ive just got some winter clothing and a new pair of shimano shoes and some look keo pedals, did 20 miles tonight average 18mph, felt really good but think my bike needs a proper position set up as knees were a bit sore, id be up for some rides but seems ure from somerset which is quite far away!! im eating healthy now and have been for a month or too and been doin quite a lot of mtb riding

i eat alot of rice salad brown bread and fruit and veg, and nuts and dried fruit and one of the best things i have is porriage for breakfast its brill
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    20 miles at 18mph average? thats pretty impressive Dave given your weight!
    .Is it all down hill over your way ? :D

I went out on my hilly 8 mile sprint tonight ( I used to ride it every 2x weeks last year to measure my performance) . I struggled to make 12.5mph av on 400 ft climb :oops:

First ride in 13 months and it felt great to be out again.

Sounds like you are already doing all the right things Dave.

I was suggesting we share riding and training experiences on this thread ,rather than actual riding together :wink:
  • ive always had some sort of strengh in me legs as i played alot of rugby, but i try as hard as i can