South Leicestershire

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
Ive only really been road riding since the summer (on an old steel hack) and currently riding completely solo. I do a regular loop around south Leicestershire - Countesthorpe, Peatling Magna / Parva, Cosby, Whetstone and notice there is a LOT of cyclists (i never knew there was so much interest where i live!) out on a Sunday morning, Im getting a bit tired of riding on my own, and wondered if anyone else in this area was in the same situation? also been looking at clubs and clubruns, but there doesn't seem to be that much going on club wise this end of town, can you point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Check out the Hinckley CRC website. Great forum.
  • If you can make it out on a Saturday morning - there will be a 9am group going out from Sharnford every week starting 6th November.

It will be around 50 miles at 17mph average.
  • You could check out Welland Valley CC, They are based around Harborough just down the road from you, they do racing , time trials,club runs and a lot more,ive often seen a big group of them out on rides when ive been riding around the Harborough area, and they always say hello so they seem a friendly bunch.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hi LL

I live in Whetstone and ride around this area, I ride on sats with leicester forest cycle club:

http://www.leicesterforest.org.uk/

We are creating a new site at the moment so we should have a new fresh one soon.

On sat mornings we ride about 60 leisurely miles avg 16 mph ish and stop at a cafe in measham. Drop me a message if interested!

Si
  • ductions
    ductions Posts: 274
    Ive only really been road riding since the summer (on an old steel hack) and currently riding completely solo. I do a regular loop around south Leicestershire - Countesthorpe, Peatling Magna / Parva, Cosby, Whetstone and notice there is a LOT of cyclists (i never knew there was so much interest where i live!) out on a Sunday morning, Im getting a bit tired of riding on my own, and wondered if anyone else in this area was in the same situation? also been looking at clubs and clubruns, but there doesn't seem to be that much going on club wise this end of town, can you point me in the right direction?

Yo. My girlfriend lives in Willoughby Waterleys (just after Countesthorpe) so I'm often cycling around that area. I'm a lone cyclist at the minute too, unless my mate comes with me which isn't very often.