can you move up categories during a season?

Paul_iow
Paul_iow Posts: 110
edited October 2010 in Amateur race
If you start a season as a cat 4 and gain enough points to qualify for cat 3 can you move up during the same season or do you have to wait for the next one and continue the current one as a cat 4?

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Paul_iow wrote:
    If you start a season as a cat 4 and gain enough points to qualify for cat 3 can you move up during the same season or do you have to wait for the next one and continue the current one as a cat 4?

You move up immediately.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Yes, and BC do it for you, get the points and you'll get a new licence in the post.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    You can go all the way from 4th to 1st Cat in one season too - it has been done
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • BigDarbs
    BigDarbs Posts: 132
    Its not a question of 'can' you, there is no choice in it.

As soon as you clear 10 points you will receive a 3rd cat licence in the post, then when you next tried to sign on for a 4th cat race you'd be prevented from entering.

There can be a time delay in BC getting the points on the system and receiving the 3rd cat licence. I got 10 to points in June, and didn't get my 3rd cat licence until August, when the BC website was showing me with 18 points as a 4th cat!
  • Rapha
    Rapha Posts: 86
    Monty Dog wrote:
    You can go all the way from 4th to 1st Cat in one season too - it has been done

4th to Elite has also been done, although very rarely
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I the old days you had three weeks because that was how long in advance you had to enter races. Haven't raced in the UK for a while so maybe it's changed.