Chasing Legends - Poor sound feed

MWS22
MWS22 Posts: 6
edited October 2010 in Pro race
The main feature, the film following HTC in the 2009 Tour de France, was excellent. Well shot, insightful and something for real fans to enjoy.

The interview afterwards? Terrible sound feed over the satellite throughout. Interviews like that are few and far between, and to say I was disappointed is an understatment. To rub salt in the wound Showcase, Leeds charged me £12.50 for the priviledge! The manager did offer me a free ticket when I complained, which seems reasonable, but astonishingly there was no-one else complaining at this venue.

I'm told the problem was nationwide, is this true?

Wonder if they'll show it again, with an interview you can understand?

Comments

• wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    The sound feed was fine at walsall cinema. Had no picture for first few minutes though :roll:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • dbg
    dbg Posts: 846
    Sound was fine at Brum, same as Walsall lost the pic for a while. Thought the film was good interview went on a bit and £12 was a bit steep but overall good night out.
  • Fine in Nottingham, mike's oversensitive, picking up Cav scratting his leg :?: and also switched on too soon, catching Lig trying to get someone to stop the audience buggering off after the film ended!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Live interview in Newcastle had the first 5 mins with no sound at all.
  • Sound feed was absolutley fine in Wandsworth.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Sound was fine 3 rows from the front, my neck hurt a bit watching the film though!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    That's what you get for living in Leeds :roll:
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Sound feed great in Fulham Rd London. Thought it was a good bit of tech and even thought it cost £15, would have happily paid that just to see the film on the big screen.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    And being offered a free ticket - I think the manager of your local cinema sounds like a very good bloke.
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Sound fine. I did mutter under my breath about the price when I got tickets, but considering the one-off aspect of it and the live link-up etc etc I don't feel too hard done by, especially if some of that finds it's way into Jason Berry's pockets.

Did anyone else reckon Berry looked just like Henry Rollins?
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    There was no sound for the first few minutes in Milton Keynes (and it appeared we'd missed the start as well?) but the sound was fine when it came on. Sounds like you were unlucky.

Don't think you missed too much though. The Q&A was a bit of a let down really. Cav was fairly incoherent with most of his errrrrrrrrrm..................replies.............you know. :)
  • Charged £15 at Didsbury :? Thought the main film was spot-on, worth the money.
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • polocini
    polocini Posts: 201
    Johnny allez-was it full??? I tried to book yesterday and the website wouldn't let me. Same at printworks.

AL
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    it was fine at Nottingham, almost too loud! Couple of glitches in the first 10 seconds before the talking began.

Apart from being completely out of synch with the picture! Bit annoying, but it was a live feed so I didn't expect perfection.

(main film fine)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    MWS22 wrote:

The sound was fine at the Empire, High Wycombe
  • friso
    friso Posts: 107
    MWS22 wrote:

The sound was fine at the Empire, High Wycombe

Sound and vision was fine in Norwich

Well worth the fee, no complaints at all

What a great film
  • Polocini wrote:
    Johnny allez-was it full??? I tried to book yesterday and the website wouldn't let me. Same at printworks.

AL

Yes, Didsbury was packed out.
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • No sound at all in Crawley - big disappointment having paid £15 but the cinema gave us a full refund AND a free ticket for any showing, so went home very happy !
  • The sound was poor at the O2, so if it wasn't good there I'm not surprised it was poor elsewhere.

Give everyone a free copy of the DVD I say. Fair?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    The sound was poor at the O2, so if it wasn't good there I'm not surprised it was poor elsewhere.

Give everyone a free copy of the DVD I say. Fair?

Not at all.

I was at the O2 and found the sound to be fine.