Las Palmas road cycle hire

f_rederik
f_rederik Posts: 53
edited October 2010 in Road beginners
Just booked a week's escape to Las Palmas and hoping to get some cycling done.

Can't be bothered to hassle the bike with me on the flight, so am looking for places to rent a decent road bike.

Have found two alternatives so far;

- Freemotion - www.free-motion.net These guys seem decent and have a great selection of bikes. Located in the south in the the tourist machine of Playa Del Ingles.

- Cycle Gran Canaria - www.cyclegrancanaria.com Not quite sure where they are located, but they also rent bikes I believe although website does not list prices / types of bikes.

I am trying to enlist some information from these two.

Any other pointers to where I could rent a bike or two? Not too fussed about the particularities of the bike as long as it's half decent. If they also do MTBs that would be a bonus too, a day or two with an MTB would be fun as well :-D (

We'll be staying in Las Palmas, so surely there must be more options since the island is meant to be great for cycling? Everyone can't be bringing their own bikes?

Comments

• Dropped into freemotion last year to have a nosey. A professional set up and the bikes were pretty good and seemed well maintained. they do a fair social program ie organised rides and the like. Seemed to be popular with the germans

Not sure if these two outfits are linked ?
  • Not sure if these two outfits are linked ?

The both do Cannondale apparently...