Different size calf muscles

stuart_c-2
stuart_c-2 Posts: 805
Hi,

Whilst doing some stretches last week (something I rarely do, silly me) I noticed that my left calf muscle is bigger than my right. Is it normal to have 1 leg bigger than the other? My left leg is definitely my lead leg when riding. Should I be making my self lead with the right to try and even things up? Does it even work like that?

About 12 years ago I broke my right ankle and I know for a good while after that my right calf was smaller than my left, could it be that there has always been this difference but I’ve just never noticed/looked?
"I ride to eat"

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Just looked at my legs and FWIW they are the same size :)
  • Have you seen Rafa Nadal - his arms are the most lopsided I've ever seen.

Think he must sit at home and wank a lot.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    If it's any consolation I have wonky legs - my left calf is much bigger than my right :oops:

I have absolutely no idea why!! It does bother me occassionally - I guess that's the advantage of getting older though, I don't really care any more :wink:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    My right wrist is bigger than my left. Of course this is from darts and holding pints, not excessive watching of channel 96.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    My right big toe is bigger then my left big toe, I must be a some kind of pervert.

Stuart C, it's possibly a result of the accident but 12 years ago is a long time, try some one legged calf raises.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • emaroid
    emaroid Posts: 33
    Well my legs are proper wonky as my left leg is 3.5in shorter than the right and my left calf is smaller, but just as strong. It doesn't seem to effect me, but then again I'd never know as I've always had the difference.

I need to find some flat pedals I can adjust to make up some difference.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    supersonic wrote:
    My right wrist is bigger than my left. Of course this is from darts and holding pints, not excessive watching of channel 96.
    My right wrist is also far FAR larger than my left. As is my forearm. But i don't watch darts or drink that much.
    I would love to play darts or drink more, but I just don't have time, what with all the wan*ing :lol:
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    nobody is exactly symmetrical.

if the difference in your calf muscle sizes is noticeable, then wear long trouseers, simples.

are you right handed/legged? chances are the accident to your right leg meant you use your left leg more.