HTC - Highroad?

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 73,044
edited October 2010 in Pro race
HTC-Columbia going to HTC-Highroad for 2011. In other words, it's HTC-YourNameHere . Worrying if these guys can't get a sponsor, no?

Says the inner ring...

Thoughts?

Comments

• HTC-Columbia going to HTC-Highroad for 2011. In other words, it's HTC-YourNameHere . Worrying if these guys can't get a sponsor, no?

Says the inner ring...

Thoughts?

HTC - Sheptastic sounds great! 8)

Is that not what you meant?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I don't think they'll have any difficulty securing a new sponsor. Cav & Renshaw are worth it on their own...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Cuddly Bob has been working on a new sponsor for a while. I think he was really trying to get Google on board during the Tour.

It's funny how it sometimes seems to be a harder sell for the "cleanish" teams.

Rather amusingly, I was in Seattle earlier in the year and there was a Columbia store and a Radioshack practically next to each other. Columbia has zero cycling or team references anywhere in the store, The Shack was rammed with it, on the door, inside etc etc.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    The rumour is that it's going to be HTC-Specialized

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/specialized-to-sponsor-htc-columbia-in-2011

Dumping Contador for Cav as their poster boy?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Goodbye Team Riis?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Dazza2280
    Dazza2280 Posts: 156
    will they still let Cav use his old Addict for sprinting though :P we know he didn't cope well without it :lol:

actually, i don't think it matters cos i reckon by then he'll be sprinting on a Pinarello Dogma :wink:
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    iainf72 wrote:
    Cuddly Bob has been working on a new sponsor for a while. I think he was really trying to get Google on board during the Tour.

Rather amusingly, I was in Seattle earlier in the year and there was a Columbia store and a Radioshack practically next to each other. Columbia has zero cycling or team references anywhere in the store, The Shack was rammed with it, on the door, inside etc etc.

Why is it a hard sell? They've had Columbia, they've got HTC, Skype and now possibly Spesh.

Vaughters's team has Garmin, Transitions, POM.

Perhaps Blue Chip Bob was just being picky...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:

funny, in summer 2009 I was in the Columbia store in Beijing and one of the walls was decked out with Cav winning pics etc
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,475
    i've just bought a htc phone but not got any columbia clothing for a while, maybe thats why! i went to waitrose this morning which may be a clue to their next sponsor. you heard it here first
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Andrew N
    Andrew N Posts: 119
    Columbia did not sell any team kit in the store that I visited...so not surprised that they have decided to move away...

if you aren't going to take advantage of such a high profile sponsorship deal I can't see why they would continue!
    www.goinggoingbike.com
    Preview of the new Specialized bikes for HTC:

1287423555372-1e3zqc2cubhvz-950-75.jpg
  • Stu T
    Stu T Posts: 127
    Columnia is a pretty mediocre outdoors brand anyway. An overpriced step up from Millets
    I wear Lycra because I like the way it feels
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Stapleton interview:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/bob ... c-highroad

CN: And then they go and let Danilo Di Luca back in nine months early...

BS: I'm pretty annoyed at that, actually. It's a provocative statement, but it bothers me that you've got repeat offenders that are back in the sport so quickly. That's the wrong message. I'm really, really discouraged by that.
  • Have Astana announced their bike sponsor for 2011? Coming into this one, Spesh said they didn't want to support >2 teams, and Saxo have already announced they will be riding Specialized bikes.

Andy
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Have Astana announced their bike sponsor for 2011? Coming into this one, Spesh said they didn't want to support >2 teams, and Saxo have already announced they will be riding Specialized bikes.

Andy

Yes, Astana will be on Spesh, along with HTC and Saxo.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,153
    And Team Pegasus, no?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,153
    andyp wrote:
    And Team Pegasus, no?

No, they will be on Scott bikes.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    @andyp

Mmmm, left/right brain argument? Considered professional help with this ;)
  • Spesh will have a few $$$ to spare next season anyway . They wont be paying 'Bertie' $6m for the privilage of riding their machines now!