Over 40 Torbay MTB'ers

devbrix
devbrix Posts: 127
edited October 2010 in MTB rides
Can't keep up with the youngsters anymore so wondered about starting an over 40 MTBers group in Torbay and locally for group rides on Dartmoor and nearer to home eg Noss woods. Anyone interested just drop onto this thread and I'll get in touch
David :D
All of these things....

Comments

• camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    sounds like a good idea count me in
    Andy
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • devbrix
    Thanks Andy, I'll keep the post going a bit longer and see if anyone else replies. Will be in touch
    David
    All of these things....
  • devbrix
    :oops:
    All of these things....
  • camerauk
    looks like there are not alot of takers lol
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Only a 39 year old youngster till new years day but am still interested if you can over look a few months, or alternatively i could be a 'guest' till the big day.

If you check posts really regularly, I am off to Princetown in the morning for a 45km ride (WMB May 2009 Classic ride) if you fancy it!
  • devbrix
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply. I'm off road at present as just had an op -age related of course! Will be back on the bike in the next two weeks though and will be in touch.
    David
    All of these things....
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    Oops hadnt spotted this post. (was away and havent caught up with everything thats been on!)

I am a tad too young to join an over 40's, but OH just scrapes in so that could be 2 more.

Depending how 'hard-core' you are!

:)
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • Cheers will look forward to that.

Good ride today, despite only about 4 metres visibilty!!
  • camerauk
    focusrider wrote:
    Cheers will look forward to that.

Good ride today, despite only about 4 metres visibilty!!

Which route did you do? I would have come out with you but i went out sat and was knackered lol
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • The route was Princetown, South Hessary Tor, Eastern Tor across to the scout hut then back up Eylesbarrow turn left down to Norsworthy Bridge around Burrator and back to Princetown via dismantled railway.

Sorry about late reply just had OFSTED at school so whole life went on hold. Have race on Saturday (Oktoberfest 8hr enduro) but feel knackered so will probably give it a miss and go out Sunday. Anyone fancy it; Dartmoor, Haldon, whatever.
  • devbrix
    Still out after my op but hopefully will be back in action next weekend.
    David
    All of these things....
  • camerauk
    any idea when we are going to try and sort out a ride on Dartmoor?
    will have to wait for you to get fit David
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • focusrider
    focusrider Posts: 47
    edited October 2010
    I am out for a ride tomorrow: 'around the Teign, Dartmoor' MBR July 2010 37km if anyone fancies it.

Starts at Steps bridge up to Moretonhampstead down along river teign to Castle Drogo, Drewsteignton, Cheriton Bishop and back to Steps bridge.

Have not made any plans as such but am happy to meet there or share a lift if anyone fancies a ride.

11am would be a good time to start riding for me
  • camerauk
    Maybe a bit far for me at the moment but another time on a shorter ride will be good
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • No worries camerauk but that was just a suggestion, would be happy to ride something shorter (Bellever/Soussons farm/Postbridge loop) etc if you want but no probs if you want to wait for Devbrix
  • camerauk
    thanks for the offer focusrider but I will give it a miss this time as I think I am going to go to haldon for a few hours with my son
    I will go out some other time if you want to meet up I usually go out on a wed morning if you are free or on a sunday is normally good for me
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • camerauk
    Off out on Dartmoor for a ride tomorrow morning
    If anyone wants to tag along not sure where yet but won't be a killer ride lol
    Andy
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Sunday ride anyone? (he says, in a rare moment of not leaving it to the last minute)

Maybe a short Bellever/ Soussons farm / Postbridge / Bellever jobbie?

Can car share from TQ area or pick up on way if thats good too.

Does it show that I am fed up with riding most days on my own??? lol
  • devbrix
    I'm up for a ride this Sunday. Can you drop me a line thru the private message bit and we can organise. Anyone else?
    All of these things....