Modified Giant Defy 3 2010

Portrush Philly
Portrush Philly Posts: 65
edited October 2010 in Your road bikes
Here's my steed based around a Giant Defy 3 2010, which I have upgraded now to a stage where I am very happy with it! Only original parts are the Frame & forks.

DSC02425.jpg

DSC02426.jpg

DSC02427.jpg

Modified with:

FSA SLK Carbon seatpost
3T Carbon Bars
Easton EA70 Stem
Specialized Toupe 143 white saddle
Fizik white bar tape
Shimano Ultegra 6700 Carbon Shifters/brake levers
Shimano Ultegra SL triple Chainset & BB
Shimano Ultegra SL Callipers
Shimano Ultegra SL front & rear Mechs
Shimano Ultegra 11-23 cassette
Shimano Dura-ace chain
Shimano 105 SPD-SL pedals
Shimano RS80 Wheelset
Rubino Pro 23 tyres
I LOVE THE SMELL OF GT85 IN THE MORNING!

Comments

• antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    Great looking bike with the upgrades - must work well together with your time from the Finn McCool!!
  • zoso7
    zoso7 Posts: 66
    Nice bike, is that a large frame?!

how much does it weigh now?!
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Nice bike. A mate was just saying yesterday that there are not many yellow bikes around at the moment and up pops this! 8)

I fancy one of those SLK seatposts and I like the bar tape too.
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I really like this - well done! :)
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Looks ace.
  • Thanks for comments guys,

Antlaff - Finn Mac Cool was great for me, 1st event I've done, 101 miles 5hrs 51mins, hateful headwind on parts, however finished 4th out of the 120 ish field and I'd set off 50mins after the 1st group, skipping the 1st water stop was the key there I think!

zoso7 - It is a large frame and bike comes in at 18lbs.
  • antlaff
    Thanks for comments guys,

Antlaff - Finn Mac Cool was great for me, 1st event I've done, 101 miles 5hrs 51mins, hateful headwind on parts, however finished 4th out of the 120 ish field and I'd set off 50mins after the 1st group

Did you get the train up and then join it? I was going to do that but the earliest train was into central station at 9.30 so I reckoned I would have been too late. I did the lap of the lough this year - loved it - will be doing as many as possible next year!!
  • No, like you realised no public transport options at that time on a Sun, had my old man take me up with the bike on the back seat!! I too hope to enter as many events as I can next year. Off the bikes & work at the moment due to a leg injury recently incurred on hols, its killing me, haven't cycled for nearly 4 weeks now and don't know yet when I'll be able to again. Going cold turkey from cycling sucks!
  • antlaff
    No, like you realised no public transport options at that time on a Sun, had my old man take me up with the bike on the back seat!! I too hope to enter as many events as I can next year. Off the bikes & work at the moment due to a leg injury recently incurred on hols, its killing me, haven't cycled for nearly 4 weeks now and don't know yet when I'll be able to again. Going cold turkey from cycling sucks!

sorry to hear about the injury - must be a bummer to be off the bike that long - I take it you haven't been able to use the Vitus much then - gives me a chance to catch up on the commuting stats.
  • antlaff
    djbarren wrote:

Another good event is the Larne to Cushundun and back again in aid of Make a difference in Malawi. Check it out

yes definitely on the planner for next year.