Recommended cycling technique book

skinnygav
skinnygav Posts: 50
Hi all,

I am training for triathlon and have various books on the subject. Was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for cycling specific books. Mainly interested in reading about good technique and how to develop it.

Thanks

skinny

Comments

• mclarent
    mclarent Posts: 784
    Interesting question - what is good cycling technique?
    "And the Lord said unto Cain, 'where is Abel thy brother?' And he said, 'I know not: I dropped him on the climb up to the motorway bridge'."
    - eccolafilosofiadelpedale
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Bike handling e.g. cornering, descending, Posture e.g. tt, climbing, out the saddle, pedalling Manouvres; e.g. no hands, bunny hopping etc.

There are probably more things, I don't know of a good book tho, sorry.
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    skinnygav wrote:
    Mainly interested in reading about good technique and how to develop it.
    Apologies for not really answering your question, but I'd suggest that the best way to become a skillful cyclist with good technique is to get out and ride with experienced cyclists - you can only learn so much from reading a book. How will a book teach you when to change gear, when to get out of the saddle, how to pedal smoothly? I'd suggest that most skillful cyclists become skillful cyclists by mixing with skillful riders and emulating them, not by reading about it in theory.

Ruth