Rim: AlexRims DP17
Hub: Formula DC20
Tube: Halfords
Tire: Maxxis Ignitor 2.35in

Weight: 12kgs (approx.)

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Sweet, i have an aggressor elite frame, looks very similar, if not the same as yours, very nice frame it is too! Lovely bike.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    Very cool looking bike 8)
  • Don B
    Don B Posts: 122
    I love GT hardtails and this looks great, nice and light too at around 27 lbs. I presume the fork upgrade has helped with the weight?
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Yeah-the new ones are nearly a kilogram lighter than the stock suntour xcr's.
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    I have an agressor xc2 aswell, i am slowly changing everything on it, i bought mine as i needed a sensible bike to get to work on and for XC in the winter (DH bikes dont quite cut it when it comes to climbing)

What do you think of the forks on yours, as that is going to be the next thing i am going to change....
  • awesome looking bike. im looking at building an urban assault bike 9probably the best thing to call it) and was looking at a 19" aggressor XC3 frame do you recon it would suit it and take the battering?
  • leaflite
    was looking at a 19" aggressor XC3 frame do you recon it would suit it and take the battering?

I think the frame is the same on all models of aggressor, and in my opinion the frame is very strong, and therefore should take the battering. I use mine for cannock chase regularly and have never had any problems regarding the frame. The stock suntour forks are heavy, but also pretty bulletproof-very strong.
    What do you think of the forks on yours, as that is going to be the next thing i am going to change....
    I love the Revelations-they are very plush, as light as Rebas and very strong. I bought a set of rebas before i got the revs and had to send them back-the A2C length is TOO SHORT to fit the frame, wheras 140mm revelations, or fox vanillas are of a similar length to the stock forks.
    You can pick up the RLT models up for a reasonable price from either Merlin or JE James cycles. I wouldnt get the RLT TI or last years team models over these unless you found them for a similar price-as the RLTs have been upgraded to dual flow damping, there is very little difference between the RLT and the RLT TI apart from the colour and £100 extra price
  • leaflite
    Could anyone advise me on grips-I need some new ones...

Ive been looking at:
    Superstar Supagrips(been reviewed on here, got 5 stars)
    Lizardskins Peaty(heard good things)

Whatever you suggest, it needs to be comfortable, and at least one part of it needs to be red.
  • z0tty
    z0tty Posts: 47
    nice look machine duder :)..

as for grips.. i like giants own lock ons :) nice and soft aswell as grippy and a tad blingy to lol

isnt it about time we had a gt thread? :) ..

i have the xcr version that ive done a wee bit of pimpage on lol :) love the bike and it certainly gets ridden more than polished lol!!

p4pb5564917.jpg

p4pb5564921.jpg

p4pb5564919.jpg

pre blue cables (which i may return to as i'm finding the blues a tad LOUD!!!!! lol

p4pb5564789.jpg

marzocchi mz comp 100mm (temp!)
    gravity dropper turbo seat post
    Hope Head doctor
    Hope Grip Doctor
    hope Space Doctor
    hope 203 floating saw rotors front and rear
    hope QR skewers
    hope tech m4 brakes
    hope tech blue levers x 2
    hope tech Master Cylinder Lid
    Hope fork cable guides
    Hope seat QR seat clamp
    Hope Bottom Bracket (ceramic)
    Hope Pro 2 Front hub
    Hope Pro 2 Rear hub
    Sunringle mtx31 rims (welded)
    DT Swiss comp 2mm-1.8mm spokes
    Blue Spoke nipples
    Fatties flattys pukkas pedals
    Easton EA30 bars
    FSA os 115 stem
    Giant lock-on grips
    Shimano XT 9sp shadow deraileur M772
    Shimano XT Front mech M771
    Shimano XT M770 9sp cassette
    Shimano xt HT2 M770 chain set
    shimano xt shifters (F&R) M770
    Sram PC991 chain (9sp)
    Tacx ceramic jocky wheels
    titainium m5 bolts x 12
    aluminium m6 bolts x 8
    Kcnc jocky wheel bolts (blue)
    M-part fork cable guide
    Cateye w100 trip comp
    panracer XC Pro 2.1 x 2
    if it fits in my man cave i want one!.. NOW!!
  • Keep, the blue cables, they look sweet
  • Are they coloured hoses, or did u use heatshrink??
  • z0tty
    heat shrink.. does its job thats for sure lol
  • leaflite
    Nice bike youve got there. How do you find the M4's?
  • z0tty
    very very happy with them :). plenty of bite but not at the cost of feel.. takes a while to get them set to what works for you but once you commit to moving them inboard a bit and going one finger braking all the fine control starts to come forth lol.. grab a fist full at your own peril :lol::lol:
  • z0tty
    Mr Leaflite .. you still got the xc2?? not long got hold of a mint xc2 frame for my self :).. identical to yours :D. also changed forks

hows yours coming along??

heres an updated picture :)..

4.jpg
  • Very nice man! Would love to have meself a little hardtail just for a few training missions!
  • leaflite
    z0tty wrote:

Great thanks!

Few Upgrades:
    Truvativ Holzfeller double clamp seatpost(old one kept making the saddle come loose)
    Superstar Supagrip lockons in Black(soft compound) with red lockrings and end caps
    Red Headset spacers(not pictured)
    Wellgo V12 pedals(rubbish tbh)
    Hope Tech X2 brakes with 183/160 floating rotors in red(not pictured)

p2120063.th.jpg
  • leaflite
    New Pics!
    p3180042.th.jpg
    p3180041u.th.jpg
    p3180039.th.jpg
    p3180038q.th.jpg
    p3180030.th.jpg
    p3180029.th.jpg
    p3180028.th.jpg
    p3180030.th.jpg
    p3180027.th.jpg

Also added:
    Ti Topcap bolt
    Red master cylinder caps for the hopes
  • leaflite
    Havent updated this thread in a while-there has been lots of changes.
    Firstly, a new 10 speed XT groupset from actionsports, and a gold KMC X10L chain.
    New tyres, a front high roller 2.35 folding, and a rear advantage 2.1 exception.
    New grips-black and grey peatys
    New bars and stem-on one cnc stem, Giant contact 690mm bars
    New Chrome superstar nanos, with red endcaps
    New maxxis ultralight tubes(125g each)
    and finally, an American Classic MTB 26 Tubeless wheelset, which has red hubs and a red spoke :D
    Pics:
    dsc00177lw.jpg
    dsc00175le.jpg
    dsc00174jd.jpg
    dsc00171qi.jpg

Weight is now 23.5lbs according to the fishing scales, which isnt too bad for a frame from a £300 hardtail methinks.
  • leezer
    leezer Posts: 18
    nice bikes lads, check out my gt (signature)
    Building GT Zaskar Pro from Scratch!

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 8#16932288
  • Hairylegs66
    Hairylegs66 Posts: 103
    Hi there, would you recommend 140mm forks then over the standard 120mm length forks? My mate is looking to lighten up his standard Aggressor XC2 and I was going to suggest 120mm Reba RL's which can be had for under £300 and should lighten up the bike some. The riding position is quite 'sit up and beg' on the standard set up, did you use a lower rise stem/bar combo?

Nice kit you have there!
  • leaflite
    Thanks!
    The new stem is shorter and lower rise than the original, so the front end is slightly lower(the shifters just clip the top tube when the bar is turned).
    I dont know if all GT aggressors are like this, but on mine the stock suntour fork had an axle to crown length of around 500-510mm(cant remember exactly). This made the stock fork, despite only having 120mm travel, the same length as a 140mm revelation. I originaly ordered a reba, thinking along the same lines as you, but had to send it back because it was significantly shorter than the suntours and I didnt want to steepen the head angle too much. I would measure the a2c on your mates before buying though -as I said, im not sure if all aggressors have this fork, or whether mine was just a fluke.
  • Hairylegs66
    Hairylegs66 Posts: 103
    That's really useful to know, thanks for the info - we'll get the tape measure out!!
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    z0tty wrote:
    Mr Leaflite .. you still got the xc2?? not long got hold of a mint xc2 frame for my self :).. identical to yours :D. also changed forks

heres an updated picture :)..

4.jpg

You went back to black :( you know what happened to amy after she did that?
  • JAMe19
    JAMe19 Posts: 1
    Hey, I've got a 2009 xc2 and I've upgraded it a little but was wondering if I could swap for a better frame. It's the standard aluminium one at the moment. Is a Zaskar frame the same? Basically is there anyway to upgrade the frame from the standard one to a better quality, lighter, stronger one? Thanks
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Aggressors, are Halfords bikes?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    JAMe19 wrote:
    Hey, I've got a 2009 xc2 and I've upgraded it a little but was wondering if I could swap for a better frame. It's the standard aluminium one at the moment. Is a Zaskar frame the same? Basically is there anyway to upgrade the frame from the standard one to a better quality, lighter, stronger one? Thanks

Zaskar's are made from lighter material, than your stock aggressor, avalanche.
  • leaflite

Yes, I believe the frame is identical to an earlier model of Avalanche however.
    JAMe19 wrote:

You could upgrade to a Zaskar frame, however I would suggest looking at a On One Carbon 456 or similar, as this will be cheaper and lighter still. It will also take larger forks better.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Halfords sold pretty much the whole GT range, I have an i-drive comp frame with a Halfords sticker on it.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.