Xacobeo Galicia under investigation

timoid.
timoid. Posts: 3,133
edited October 2010 in Pro race
Surprise surprise, it looks like systematic doping in the XG squad. Not a good time for Spanish cycling.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/xacobeo ... ish-police
It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Meanwhile nothing's happened over Mosquera's B-sample. How come it's taking so long? The sample was given a month ago, the positive A sample news came out two weeks ago.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    You're jesting?

In a Pino led squad?

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    This is shocking, it's so difficult to believe that a Spanish team would have organised doping. Are we sure it's not contaminated tapas :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,789
    Standard.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    token gesture.
  • Kléber
    Don't worry, only the chef is being questioned :wink:
  • Can't Etxeondo find a reasonably clean team to sponsor so I can purchase their non-plain kit guilt free?

As you can see, I'm the real victim here.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,893
    Can't Etxeondo find a reasonably clean team to sponsor so I can purchase their non-plain kit guilt free?

I cant believe you ride in trade kit
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Can't Etxeondo find a reasonably clean team to sponsor so I can purchase their non-plain kit guilt free?

B@stard, ain't I? Your heroes always disappoint you eh?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • mididoctors
    Can't Etxeondo find a reasonably clean team to sponsor so I can purchase their non-plain kit guilt free?

B@stard, ain't I? Your heroes always disappoint you eh?

:lol:

you should be ashamed of admitting it in public
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Without wanting this to go all Shimano/Campag, I've never had a problem wearing Trade Team kit, so long as it's stylish. If they didn't want you wearing it, they wouldn't sell it would they?

In my collection of stylish kit, the only trade team stuff still being worn is a 2005 Lampre Caffita jersey, the black Pozatto Italian Champion jersey and the Black Lampre kit they made for Gibo at the end of last years Giro.

@gietvangent
  • mididoctors
    Without wanting this to go all Shimano/Campag, I've never had a problem wearing Trade Team kit, so long as it's stylish. If they didn't want you wearing it, they wouldn't sell it would they?

In my collection of stylish kit, the only trade team stuff still being worn is a 2005 Lampre Caffita jersey, the black Pozatto Italian Champion jersey and the Black Lampre kit they made for Gibo at the end of last years Giro.

your only making worse for yourself stop now
  • Kléber
    A man in black, eh?
  • Kléber wrote:
    A man in black, eh?

I do it to avoid detection... By Mididoctors.

@gietvangent
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Kléber wrote:
    A man in black, eh?

just don't wear black socks
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    my cousin has a festina top that he bought just after the classic bust - I was wondering about a gewiess or a T Mobile in a comedy-post-bust irony but maybe a Xacobeo is the one to go for now ?

actually I'm in the middle of reading in search of Robert Millar, maybe there's enough stories in there to qualify my Z replica jersey....
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight