SIDI shoe conversion - help!

ashleymp777
ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
edited October 2010 in Road beginners
I've riden MTBs for over 20 years and I'm finally due to take delivery of my first road bike. My question is, is it possoble to purchase new soles etc for my SIDI Dragon 2 MTB shoes so that I can put road cleats on them?

Comments

• Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    I've riden MTBs for over 20 years and I'm finally due to take delivery of my first road bike. My question is, is it possoble to purchase new soles etc for my SIDI Dragon 2 MTB shoes so that I can put road cleats on them?

Why go to road cleats? I went to Road from MTB and have stuck with SPD pedals on the road bike. I don't walk like a duck, my shoes work on both bikes and I have 18 years experience of using them.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Well I used SPD's for a year before swapping. they are more appropriate for road riding. Why would there be a difference in design if there wasn't? That said, why change, Dragons are EXPENSIVE :shock: so replacing is daft. adapting, if possible would be expensive given that theyre Sidis.

I don't see the advantage until your shoes are worn out and change over then.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Dragons are SPD-only and will be more than adequate for road-use. There are a few single-sided SPD pedals available for road use e.g. Wellgo or Ritchey
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • I used Dominator 4 MTB 's and they were great.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • bcss
    bcss Posts: 174
    had both SPD and Look, SPD is a start, but Look gives you just so much more stability and handling (clipping in and out) is much easier

depends how much you want to spend, but if 200-250 for shoes and pedals is in the budget then it s certainly worth it