Off for my first long ride in a few months!

junglist_matty
junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
Well I'm off for a ride this morning, planning on covering at least 80miles, the longest distance I've done ever in one go... Did the london - brighton (quite slow because of traffic) which was the longest so far, I'm planning on being in the saddle for 5 hours today, gonna have a sore bum later!

Anyways, I'm going to try and GPS track my route using my phone, hopefully all will go well!

Comments

• Elston
    Elston Posts: 28
    so how was the ride?
    Look out kid, they keep it all hid
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    no reply - maybe he's still out there.... ;)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    softlad wrote:
    no reply - maybe he's still out there.... ;)

LMAO!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    ring him, he has got his phone!
  • Hey guys,

The ride was great, we set off from my friends house at 10am with the intention to do about 80miles, we ended up riding out from cambridge over towards chicksands then south to stevenage, as we started to loop back up to Cambridge, we realised we were on par for 90miles so we thought lets just add a bit more and do the big 100 miles...

Ended up getting back at 6pm, so 8 hours in the saddle, it was a great experience, probably not one I'll repeat for a good while, considering I bought my cyclo cross/road bike back in April this year and the first ride I did after buying it was a mere 20miles and I nearly died doing it, for me to get the 100mile mark after 6 months was quite a personal acheivement and one I didn't think i'd ever do.

However, after about 40miles I could feel my right knee was going to give me some pain, but I battled through and by 85miles, it had become very painfull to push especially when accellerating, this in consideration, our average speed was a mere 14.1 mph, but it wasn't a race and we were planning for about 15mph.

I have a very sore bum today though, got some minor swelling around my sit bones, but guess thats to be expected after 8 hours in the saddle with no padded shorts!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    8 hrs without padded shorts - painfull!
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    Well done on achieving a century ride. But FFS mate, go out and invest in a decent pair of padded lycra bibshorts. I wont even ride for 5 miles without mine! Buy the best you can afford. Yor bum will love you for it!!! :lol:

sheez!! :roll:
  • Great effort, well done.