cycling buddies wanted...in the South East.

on one
on one Posts: 5
edited October 2010 in MTB rides
Hi ... I live in Surrey and am looking for someone or someones even, to share some of the cracking trails we have in and around the South East during the week.

Love off and on road. Can do muddy and scrapes without too much squealing. I'm unsure as to what level I am at, but can keep up with the guys at the weekend and have done the odd Evans Ride It event. Sooo if there are any like minded gals or guys for that matter, then please drop me a line and we can have a chat about where how and whatever !!!

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Could go on google and look for clubs if you haven't already.
  • Macster1
    Macster1 Posts: 122
    Where in Surrey?
    Rockhopper Pro Disc 2009 :D
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • on one
    Thanks for all your suggestions. I have googled but there seems to be quite a difference in clubs. Those that pootle around with coffee and lunch and then even afternoon tea breaks and then the likes of the redhill crowd et al.
    Ha.. something in between would be good. I guess it's a case of turning up and having a go.
    Thanks again guys.
  • on one
    Macster1

Around Guildford.
  • belugabob
    belugabob Posts: 158
    Sussex Muddy@rse MTB Club

We're regular visitors to the Surrey Hills (Despite the club name) as our members are spread all over the North/South Downs.

Very friendly, never blasting off and leaving people behind, but quite adventurous too.

If you didn't learn anything today, you weren't paying attention!
  • El zilcho
    El zilcho Posts: 73
    I live in Guildford too if you want to meet up for a ride some time.
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Look at the London Calling thread. There's a bunch of us out most weeknds in the surrey hills or thereabouts. Not a huge group, mixed fitness levels so quite chilled out. Post up if you're up for something.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    Redhill has a good mix of abilities. A typical saturday ride is about 20-22 miles, covered in 3-4 hours including a tea stop somewhere. There are also faster rides available if and when you want to start pushing it, including Wednesday nights and pre-rides from somewhere to the start of the main saturday one.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    VCGH Don't let the roadie side put you off, we have an active MTB section as well. :P
  • on one
    VCGH and Redhill, you may be seeing me sooner than you think.

Cheers !!
  • Mytchett Mike
    Mytchett Mike Posts: 175
    gregsd wrote:
    VCGH Don't let the roadie side put you off, we have an active MTB section as well. :P

and not to forget ww.tunnelhilltrolls.co.uk :)

Mike
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    And lets not forget SketchyMTB.co.uk
    We have members that regularly ride Surrey. Infact, there's a ride being planned this weekend.

Hugely mixed ability and absolutely NO eliteism.... guaranteed :D
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What Atz said. We have a ride planned for Sunday, 10 am from Peaslake. We ride for fun, and wait for the slowest most useless person, generally me.
    Between us we know most of the trails and always happy to have new people join in.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... start=2340
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • We have a group from guildford who ride in the surrey hills wednesday nights weather permitting.We tend to start off from holmbury around half six seven,and ride leigth and pitch,then finish in holmbury around nine ish for a pint or two.If you got some lights your more than welcome to join us.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    +1 on the London Calling thread. We're all in there.

Loads of stuff about the south east. Far more than you'd expect and contrary to popular belief there are some decent hills about the area.