Dirt Divas course this Sunday...

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited October 2010 in Women
Anyone else going?! :D

In a fit of insanity I booked myself on the Drops and Jumps course this Sunday - obviously as soon as I had booked the course I completely stacked it on my bike, meaning that I have ridden exactly zero drops or jumps in about the last month :roll: :? :lol:

I am looking forward to it, but a bit nervous given that I am feeling extra-wimpy after my last off! If anyone else is going i'm on the blue Orange 5 - come and say Hello :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• I wish - It's drops and jumps I need to work on! I'm away this weekend, so there's no chance of me booking in late either :cry: . Where is the course? I might get in on the next one :D
  • miss notax
    Hello :D

The courses are in Berkshire - i'll let you know how it goes! Fingers crossed it's not raining on Sunday.... :?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• miss notax
    Typical - heavy rain forecast all day :roll: :?

• Hey, how was the course?

I've just been looking at the website - looks like that was the last one of the year. So, unless I try and book a private lesson, I'll have to wait until next year to improve my drops and jumps!
  • miss notax
    Really good thanks!!

Very good course and the instructor was excellent - the best thing was seeing so many ladies who were into MTBing though! Definitely improved my jumps, although I did wimp out of one particular drop on the day :oops: I wish I had done it now, but hey ho :?

Off to Wales at the weekend so hopefully Cwmcarn will feel like a whole different trail now!

I would really recommend Dirt Divas though :D

• desmojen
    desmojen Posts: 136
    I too was on the course on Sunday (very nice to meet you miss notax)

I can't recommend it enough to be honest, even though the weather was fairly horrible we had a great time and I think we all went home better riders. I'm also hoping to get to Wales this weekend to try out the new skills a bit :wink:

Jen.
  • miss notax
    Aha!! Hello Jen :D:D

We're probably doing Cwmcarn on Saturday and Afan (Whites Level?) on Sunday, so please do come and say Hi if you see us! I'll be with my other half on a black Santa Cruz Heckler :D

• desmojen
    I'm hoping to get to Afan on Sunday. A friend is going over and I'd like to ride it with her, and Jess might come as well. Only trouble is, we've got a recce run at Ashton court in Bristol for the enduro race in a couple of weeks. I'll drop you a PM if it looks like we're going to make it, would be nice to ride as a group!

Jen.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Ooo sorry to be nosy,

but you are in my area :p local to cwm and need to ride afan at the weekend, so i can visit the shop :p

Just as point :s
  • desmojen
    Sounds like you both had fun :D How big were the jumps and drops?

Actually a lot smaller than I was expecting, the only really tricksy looking one was the one that Miss Notax didn't do. The instructor was very clever about the way he tackled it, by starting us off on totally non scary stuff and then transferring the moves to gradually bigger drops.
    Jumps wise, we used a shallow bomb hole and a tiny kicker, but again the point is not in the size, so much as the feel of what we were doing. It's up to us now to move that along to bigger things. It certainly made a world of difference to my confidence, and I guess that is the point really :D

Jen.
  • stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    I am definitely going to try one of these courses next year.

( Oh I just noticed you are in Southampton miss notax - so am I.)
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!