Riccione - any alternatives?

BlueScot
BlueScot Posts: 68
edited October 2010 in Tour & expedition
After a few years of cycling holidays (or training camps) in Riccione, specifically at the Belvedere hotel, I am looking for an alternative for next Spring. I know from reading this forum that a lot of people recommend areas of Spain and elsewhere in Italy.
However, I was wondering if anyone who has experience of Riccione (e.g. in the Belvedere or Dory hotels) has found anywhere just as good somewhere else in Europe? It would be useful to read a comparison between, say, Pollensa and Riccione. Cheers!

Comments

• morrisje
    morrisje Posts: 507
    You will be lucky to find the same food anywhere else that you get at the Belvedere.
  • I rode with Love Velo staying in northern Tuscany (Fiesole). One of the most incredible cycling trips. They brought massage therapist, chef and the riding was sensational. http://www.lovevelo.co.uk
  • el_rey
    el_rey Posts: 83
    I have stayed at the Balitc and the Fedora and enjoyed both. Italy Bike Hotels has a network of hotels around the coountry so you might want to check those as well.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    If it's TOP class scenery & riding you're after,then get yourself up to the Dolomites.
    From the reviews of the hotel you refer to,I doubt you'll beat that sort of service.
    Depends what you want from the holiday.
    so many cols,so little time!
  • If you want something different but still in Italy, you might consider Civitavecchia (at north of Rome) a common area for some italian pro teams and Lake of Garda (near Verona).
  • I can't recommend Veloventoux highly enough. Wonderful people, wonderful place, phenomenal riding.