(Brake) Ti bolts....

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited October 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Righto, due to me being a dick I have lost the info that I wrote down after a chat on here with El Cap...

Want/need some Ti hardware for the Marin...

What I need to know is: what size bolts do I need for the following:

Avid Elixir CR Carbon brakes

160mm PM front (direct to fork) x2 bolts
160mm IS rear (so need x4 bolts = 2 for mount to frame, 2 mount to caliper)

Can anyone enlighten me on the lengths needed?

I believe from memory that they are M6...x?

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Can you not just measure the old ones?

Edit: I can find 3 Elixir levers kicking about, but no calipers, so I'm not sure. Do not buy them from tibolts though, very poorly made bolts, I've seen loads with distorted heads, and the kit a friend got specifically for his Juicys were too long, the bolts fouled the rotor.
  • njee20 wrote:
    Can you not just measure the old ones?quote]

I actually didnt think of that Im ashamed to say!! :lol: :oops:

Will do so later... any other decent suppliers you know of njee?
  • njee20
    Oh yes, sorry, I meant to be a bit more helpful!

Pro Bolt are excellent, for both aluminium and ti. Alu in your brake levers will drop a few grams for not much money, think they're M5x15mm, come in pretty colours too, blue ones would probably look spot on!
  • njee20 wrote:
    Oh yes, sorry, I meant to be a bit more helpful!

Pro Bolt are excellent, for both aluminium and ti. Alu in your brake levers will drop a few grams for not much money, think they're M5x15mm, come in pretty colours too, blue ones would probably look spot on!

thanks, was just checking the site out.. looks like I need 6x M6/20mm bolts for the calipers/mounts....

Then am going to purchase some red KCNC bottlecage bolts for the levers on the brakes as they will match my BC bolts.... ha ha....

About £40 on bolts :oops:
  • njee20
    I wouldn't bother with the KCNC ones, they are stupidly expensive for a pair of alu bolts.

82p each, excellent quality too.
  • njee20 wrote:
    I wouldn't bother with the KCNC ones, they are stupidly expensive for a pair of alu bolts.

82p each, excellent quality too.

Most things by KCNC are retardedly expensive. Only thing of decent price have been bar ends and bar end protectors.
  • njee20
    I dunno, a lot of their stuff is pretty good value, shame it's all so gaudy.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the Pro Bolt bolts were better quality for less than 1/4 the price! I'd rather have plain bolts than have a logo on them anyway, but each to their own!
  • Ordered: 4x red for £3.39 :)