Bike parking at the cycle show 2010?

deptfordmarmoset
deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
I've got a free entry to the cycle show next week only I haven't been up that way for yonks - do any of you know whether there's any good, secure places to leave bikes?

Comments

• ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    They usually provide loads of secure bike parking at the venue.
  • All I've found using street view is a small rack by the Warwick Ave entrance

Bicycle-parking-at-earlscou.jpg

...but nothing at the South Brompton road entrance. Still, it's a cycle show, there must be a few extra laid on. I'll take my chances, ketsbaia....
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    From the Cycle Show website:

"Park your bike at the show, the Brompton bike park is situated in the Brompton entrance to the show."
  • ketsbaia wrote:
    From the Cycle Show website:

"Park your bike at the show, the Brompton bike park is situated in the Brompton entrance to the show."

Thanks ketsbaia, I'd been looking at the Earls Court site....
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    What day & time are you guys going? I'll be there on Sunday I think.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Thursday ''trade day'' for me, not that I'm anything to do with the trade - but I'll be there to see Wheels for Wellbeing' seminar on inclusive access for disabled cyclists. I might look at a couple of bikes while I'm at it though :wink:
  • Last year you could take your bike into the hall (up a couple of steps) and then lock it in a "secure" area. The area was only separated from the rest of the hall by crowd control type barriers, but there were security staff and you were given something (can't remember what now) one half for you bike and the other half to let you back in to the storage area.
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:
    What day & time are you guys going? I'll be there on Sunday I think.

Me going Friday...POETS day.
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    I'm up there on the Saturday and planning on helping out with the ShuttVR stand for a few hours, to say thanks all the nice things they've done for me this year (and giving me a freebie ticket) and meeting up with Markus from Cyclefilm if we can find each other.

Anyone else going to be around on the Saturday? I'd love to put some faces to names.
    us0.png
  • They have excellent secure bike storage with locking to scaffold poles and security.
  • lardboy
    lardboy Posts: 343
    Thursday ''trade day'' for me, not that I'm anything to do with the trade - but I'll be there to see Wheels for Wellbeing' seminar on inclusive access for disabled cyclists. I might look at a couple of bikes while I'm at it though :wink:

The SCR charity of choice. They do brilliant work, especially considering all their bikes got destroyed in a fire last year. Insurance FTW!
    Bike/Train commuter: Brompton S2L - "Machete"
    12mile each way commuter: '11 Boardman CX with guards and rack
    For fun: '11 Wilier La Triestina
    SS: '07 Kona Smoke with yellow bits