Yo dudes and dudettes, hows it hanging this afternoon

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited October 2010 in The Crudcatcher
I'm bored, very bored, in the mess room, spare telly is broke and the computer is pretty much blocking anything good,

entertain me b1tches
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go on a camping trip. After a good dinner and a bottle of wine, they retire for the night, and go to sleep.
    Some hours later, Holmes wakes up and nudges his faithful friend. “Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see.”
    “I see millions and millions of stars, Holmes” replies Watson.
    “And what do you deduce from that?”
    Watson ponders for a minute. “Well, astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful, and that we are a small and insignificant part of the universe. What does it tell you, Holmes?”
    Holmes is silent for a moment. “Watson, you idiot!” he says.
    “Someone has stolen our tent!”
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i'm uber bored in work. at this time of year we should be running aroun like headless chickens working 20hr days and earning bucket loads of overtime...the reality is that i've been sat in the office for the last 2 days scratching my arse and wondering when/if any work will come in....

not good :shock:

but on the plus side, i'm off to coed trawllm on friday for the weekend...woo hoo :lol:
  • Gazlar
    edited September 2010
    next, thanks for your efforts Jay, we'll be in touch

NEXT!!! :D

EDIT!!!
    Actually, if you want a Sherlock Holmes Joke, Sherlock says to Watson, "I've heard about this anal sex Watson, you fancy giving it a whirl?" "Yes, why not?" Watson replies. So they start at it, but Watson, as the receiver, finds it most uncomfortable and chafing, "Ouch Sherlock, that bolly hurts" says Watson, so Sherlock says, here, lets try this and smears a Sara Lee meringue over Watson's crack "oh thats much better Sherlock" Watson says, "but how did you do it?" Sherlock replies, "ah Lemon entry my dear Watson!!!"
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Gazlar
    you ridden Trawllm before I take it Welsh Kev, whats it like? worth a trip down from Wolvo?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    gazderry wrote:
    you ridden Trawllm before I take it Welsh Kev, whats it like? worth a trip down from Wolvo?

no not ridden there before. i'm sort of going there by mistake!! it's the gf's 30th birthday and i booked a big cottage for us and a load of mates to stay in not realising that coed trawllm trail centre is near by...result :D

my mate pointed out that the centre is there and that we should take the bikes, i checked with the gf (as it was booked for her birthday celebration) and she said it's fine to take the bikes....double result :lol:

i'll let you know what it's like
  • Gazlar
    welshkev wrote:
    gazderry wrote:

no not ridden there before. i'm sort of going there by mistake!! it's the gf's 30th birthday and i booked a big cottage for us and a load of mates to stay in not realising that coed trawllm trail centre is near by...result :D

my mate pointed out that the centre is there and that we should take the bikes, i checked with the gf (as it was booked for her birthday celebration) and she said it's fine to take the bikes....double result :lol:

I love it when a plan comes together, and I love your girlfriend already, if she needs some company while you slope off :wink::wink:

Oh and let me know what you think of Trawllm, its on my radar just whether its worth having a long day to ride
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Did a morning shift earlier and now I'm getting back ready to go back and work til closing. Roll on half ten, can't wait for bed time!
  • welshkev
    gazderry wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    gazderry wrote:

I love it when a plan comes together, and I love your girlfriend already, if she needs some company while you slope off :wink::wink:

Oh and let me know what you think of Trawllm, its on my radar just whether its worth having a long day to ride

her reasoning is for every minute i spend on the bike i have to look aftre our boy for 1 hour, now i obviously don't mind spending time with our little un but an hour for a minute, that's a bit harsh!!! :lol:
  • Gazlar
    welshkev wrote:

her reasoning is for every minute i spend on the bike i have to look aftre our boy for 1 hour, now i obviously don't mind spending time with our little un but an hour for a minute, that's a bit harsh!!! :lol:

Ahh, I knew it sounded too good to be true, get the nipper on the bikes asap and then each of those hours becomes plenty hours on the trails
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kitty wrote:
    Did a morning shift earlier and now I'm getting back ready to go back and work til closing. Roll on half ten, can't wait for bed time!

I horribly mis-read that first sentence the first couple of times.
  • welshkev
    so, i got back from coed trawllm yesterday and i thought i'd let you know how it went :D

i'd like to say first that i stayed at www.forestcottages.co.uk and they were amazing :D £50 each for the weekend was a bargain. huge bedrooms, sky tv, awsome location (although the living room in 1 of our cottages was about the size of a postage stamp)

well, coed trawllm COULD be amazing. it just seems a bit neglected. i only rode the blue and the black runs, so maybe i missed out on the best at the red? i don't know?

there's loads of fireroad climbs, but these have been made even more horrible by the fact there's loads of forestry work going on and there's 2 ft deep ruts everywhere from all the machinery moving around!!!! the blue route was really fun and not what i thought it'd be. i've ridden red routes that are easier!! apart from the fireroad climb it's mostly single track with some nice descents. and there was also some of the signs missing so we had to guess a lot of it :D

the black is dangerous!!! like i said, there looks like there's been loads of forestry work going on and they just haven't bothered to tidy anything up. at the top it's rutted singletrack (about 2 ft deep ruts) and STEEEEEP and there's just deadfall trees and all sorts just lying around. all of us came off on this section!! after that there's a super steep rutted singletrack section that just shoots you down, but the end is straight onto a fireroad, and guess what...straight into/accross one of those 2 ft ruts!!! going 15ish mph into one of those ruts was pretty scary!!! :lol:

all in all, we had a good time, but i wouldn't make an effort to go there gaian, if i was passing on my way somewhere else then it'd be worth a visit. but the trails aren't great.

the visitors centre is nice, even if the woman serving in there was grumpy as hell, there's a free bike wash , showers and parking is £2
  • Gazlar
    Cheers Welshkev, I wont make any special journeys down there then, I'll probably give it a go one of the days I'm heading down to Milford instead. sounds like it needs a bit of time to get sorted out first though
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp