GREEN - ORANGE 5 Pro Stolen in CARDIFF

cavey78
cavey78 Posts: 27
edited November 2010 in MTB stolen
Bike Number 2 stolen just 6 months after the First. Yes Installed CCTV Yes used ground anchor (Kryptonite) and the big F'Off chain. they cut a hole in the garage door to bypass the locks.
they first tried at 04.05am opened the garage door and tried for 15 mins to get at the bike with no luck. They then disappeared for 40 mins and returned with a full size bolt cutters. another 15 mins later they were gone with the bike.

The bike was stolen from Pontprennau Cardiff early hours on Monday morning (13-09-10).
Police NOT interested as usual. They had a look at the CCTV and said 'ahhh they were wearing hoodies', and ive not heard from them since.

its a 20" Orange 5 Pro with Thompson upgrade in 'Froggy' Green.
I added the Kermit decal to both rear swing arms & it has a black neoprene mud guard on the front fork. :evil: :evil:

Frame No: 10-73287MRC

I attach a pics below

If anyone does see the bike Please let me know as i would like to get it back, i know its improbable but i live in hope lol.
Seriously my email is pcave1@sky.com

Thanks for keeping eyes out.

[img][/img]4998412823_4be5b9cb07.jpg
Stolen Orange 3 by cavey78, on Flickr

[/img]4999020756_5c10217483.jpg
Stolen Orange 1 by cavey78, on Flickr
[img][/img]4999019570_6a559ee2a5.jpg
Stolen Orange 2 by cavey78, on Flickr

Comments

• The police are a joke. honestly. I had a message on my phone this morning from a WPC asking me if any of my neighbours had heard anything. and if not they were at a loss as they saw no further lines of enquiry......... WTF?

the officers 'in charge' have been off on rest days for the last four days so NOTHING has been done on my case. how the hell can they exhaust all lines of enquiry when they are not even working to solve it.?

On my CCTV footage it clearly shows the thieves leaving unsuccessfully the first time at 04:15 only to return at 05:08 with a bolt cutters. all three were on foot, therefore with my simple powers of deduction they must live in a 25minute walking distance from my house, this coupled with the direction they made off in points them to the Pentwyn area...........

now I know there are a lot of thieves in Cardiff but if I can narrow this down somewhat why the hell cant the police
  • I have now taken the photos off my CCTV footage to give to the police. probably another waste of time because the inconsiderate thieves did not wear name badges in order for us to easily identify them.........

maybe i should post them on here as well.
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    its funny that thousands of pounds worth of bike can be nicked and as usual the police are not ar5ed but if i walked into my local asda and got caught nicking a bag of crisps, then a van full of pigs would be there in seconds.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • so true..

My bike cost 4,000 and the best they could come up with was that maybe I did it!?!?!?!?!?
    I haven't heard from them since.

But steal a bag of crisps and they'd frog march me through the shop.

I understand they're busy and bike thefts are in the 1,000's every day... I'm just bitter I guess. Hate having my bike stolen.

I'd post the CCTV up here.. I'm tempted to put wanted posters up in the street with the CCTV I got.. probably not legal though.
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    or invest in a very loud alarm
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • I'm tempted to offer an asylum seeker refuge in my shed with hot meals, on proviso he fatally wounds any intruders. that should put an end to the thieving bastards antics!
  • I can't understand why the police don't fight crime anymore. You have them on CCTV, you had everything locked up, you reported to the police, etc. You are then fobbed off that it's your fault. How on earth can the police fight crime if they don't actually do anything? Why don't you report this to the police complaints or your local MP? Atleast the powers that be can put pressure on the police to fall responsible. Remember, the police are public servants and they are paid from the public purse.

I hope you get your bikes back and get those thieves.
  • thanks,
    I think i will ook in to that. a letter to the IPCC might stir up a bit of feeling for crime provention, and the lack of it in my case.
  • Im sorry for the loss of your bike to these scumbag thieves, however, there is very little the Police can do in the circumstances that you describe. The best i can offer is that when they do catch the local thieves is that they will own upto the theft of your bike, by way of a T.I.C. (offence taken into consideration) and that you may be able to claim compensation. Make sure you write down the crime report number,(also to use for the insurance claim) and make monthly calls regarding your case. It maybe that they tell you the case has been filed pending further evidence however they make give you a result(ie the thief arrested for another offence and owned upto the theft of your bike with similar M.O)

Gutted for your loss, gonna keep mine in the house and not in the garage.

Adie.

PS if you need any other help PM me.
  • transontung90
    transontung90 Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    The police are a joke. honestly.

I love this on the first sign , when i was young , i lost a bike which i love the most . And i believe that one day justice will appear , i believe that the police will find that bike 4 me because he told me so

and now , im 20 , still lost
  • cavey78
    Just a quick update.

Still no sign of the Bike, but i keep looking on Gumtree and Ebay (if anyone sees it please let me know 07919552955 I have a few friends i want to introduce them to)

As for the Police.............................. NOTHING! They turned up the morning after and that was the last i saw of them. I must say how appalled i am at the lack of response i got from South Wales Police, it was obvious that unless i knew the thieves personally SW Police were content to let them get away with it as a little bit of detective work was far and away too much work for them.

BIG BIG THANKS TO THE BOYS IN BLUE, WHO WITH OUT THEIR LACK OF INTEREST, DRIVE AND THE COMMITMENT SHOWN TO LETTING THIEVES GET AWAY WITH IT, ALL OF THIS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE
  • cavey78
    :oops:
  • cavey78
  • cavey78
  • Just an update. No sign of bike, but have been looking at the security aspect. i Thought i was sufficiently protected using the Kryptonite forgetaboutit chain WRONG!!!!

take a look here.:

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/

my chain was cropped in under a minute.
    this is not a con this is worrying Sold Secure gives the Kryptonite lock & Chain max ratings when actually the thieves are laughing all the way to the bank. yes they are using a 42" bolt cutters but that is exactly what they brought round to mine to take my bike.

Ive spoken to the guys at ALMAX and no question where im getting my next chain from!
    any questions peeps feel free to ask.