Oakley Lens Question - Help Help Help......Quick!

Sammyw23
Sammyw23 Posts: 627
edited October 2010 in Road buying advice
New Jawbones came with Black Iridium and Yellow lens but I want to order something for 'in between' days i.e. spring/autumn, overcast/sun.

Does anyone own either the G30 Lens or the Positive Red Iridium Lens?

Leaning towards the iridium lens but would like to know if anyone uses them or would suggest something else.

Cheers as ever!
Cervelo P3
Bianchi Infinito
Cannondale CAAD10

Comments

• Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    Why 'Help Help Help......Quick!' ?
    You come across like a spoilt child :wink:
  • Yeah just thought that when I re-read it.....

Want to order the lens today to get them for this weekend
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Sammyw23 wrote:
    New Jawbones came with Black Iridium and Yellow lens but I want to order something for 'in between' days i.e. spring/autumn, overcast/sun.

Does anyone own either the G30 Lens or the Positive Red Iridium Lens?

Leaning towards the iridium lens but would like to know if anyone uses them or would suggest something else.

Cheers as ever!

G30
    +Red will be too dark.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • Positive Red Iridium has a light transmission of 15% so isn't really any lighter than your Black Iridium.

G30 is a good intermediate lense. I haven't used it but it gets recommended a lot.

Personally I use Light Grey Polarized. Boring to look at but handle most conditions very well (and go nicely with my gunmetal Ionos :lol: ).
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I have g30 lenses and they are a great inbetween the two lenses you have which I have as well
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    You dont neeeeeed to get another lens. I ride with 2 lenses year round.

Yellow lens when itts crappy or night time.

Silver Iridium when its not crappy or night.

The weather changes all the time anyway - so chances are you'll never have the right lens all the way round your ride - Transitions being the possible exception.
  • The only time I neeeeeed anything is when I am explaining my latest Rapha purchase to the wife! ha :lol:

Hmmmm G30 sounds like a winner
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • +1 for G30

I used it a lot for golf, cycling, sailing, etc in my Half Jackets and it is a great lens for pretty much any mid-range conditions.

I managed to pick up a set of transition lenses that I now use when cycling, but I would happily get another set of G30s too!
  • just pulled the trigger on the vented G30s - £38 from cycle store.
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • p.s. I neeeeeeeeeeded them :D
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • Good shout on the G30's, you'll probably use them in the UK more than you do the dark sunglasses iridium lens.

Beauty of Oakleys are the different grades of lenses to cover all weathers.

Hoping to get some Jawbones for Xmas so I can build up a collection of lenses and take my XLJs out with me as spares on long rides/changeable days if I need to ever quickly switch.
  • Have a look at eyewearoutlet.co.uk at their factory seconds range. Jawbones are £99.99 but if you speak to them before ordering they will pick out a perfect pair.
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • RayW
    RayW Posts: 35
    Have a look at eyewearoutlet.co.uk at their factory seconds range. Jawbones are £99.99 but if you speak to them before ordering they will pick out a perfect pair.

I have just received some Jawbones from them. I didn't speak to them first but I have gone over them carefully and they look perfect to me. Just need some sun!
  • Retro1702
    Retro1702 Posts: 135
    What do they mean by "Asian Fit" in respect of Jawbones on the eyewearoutlet.co.uk website?
  • Sammyw23
    Sammyw23 Posts: 627
    Oakley do Asian fit which is a bigger frame/nosepiece. Look on Oakley site to confirm
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Sammyw23 wrote:
    Have a look at eyewearoutlet.co.uk at their factory seconds range. Jawbones are £99.99 but if you speak to them before ordering they will pick out a perfect pair.

They didn't have the model I wanted but in terms of prompt/polite/helpful reply, they could not be faulted.