RAPHA - Birthday Present?

McBain_v1
McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
edited October 2010 in Road buying advice
Mrs McBain has offered to buy me something.
I've always fancied a Soft Shell jacket but the forthcoming Bomber jacket also caught my eye. Does anyone have a view about which to go for?
I don't mind looking like a label tart - must be my midlife crisis coming on :oops:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!

Comments

• APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    The softshell is a great jacket. I think the bomber jacket is for more casual riding. Or for going to the pub.
  • +1 - softshell for hard riding, bomber jacket for posing :lol:
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • The Bomber Jacket is nice, but very much a casual round town jacket (eg, lanyard for house keys in pocket on sleeve, no back pockets, a couple of reflective patches). It was better in last year's green as well. :wink:

If you're wanting a Rapha jacket for long road rides, the soft shell is what you want - back pockets, longer sleeves with lycra cuffs, vent zips on the sides, higher neck, *rse flap for when you're getting lots of wheel spray... I think it's a wee bit longer on the back and a closer fit as well.
  • Definitively the soft shell.

The Bomber is just a fashion item, for nights out. I'm sure you can buy a trendier jacket to go out for a lot less than what Rapha charges...

Most people won't know what Rapha is outside the cycling circle, so no peer approval factor either
    left the forum March 2023
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    You can also go out in the Softshell. It doesn't look overtly cycling
    M.Rushton
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    What do you mean "something"? leave a picture of this on the fridge

580_400_5611_sourceImage.jpg
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)