K-Force or 3T ErgoNova

s_walker9
s_walker9 Posts: 22
edited October 2010 in Road buying advice
looking to upgrade my handlebars to carbon fibre and have looked around on the net, the following two appear to have favourable reviews

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/FSA_K ... 360036382/

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/3T_Er ... 360039107/

does anyone have experience of either and can offer some advice on the topic?

Comments

• Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I have the 3T team ergonova bars and liked them so much I bought the pro version for the Sabbath.
  • i have the ergonova too. would not under any circumstances ever ever give them up. Buy them quick! i waited 3 mths for mine when they became out of stock. lovely bars indeed.
    Cannondale BadBoy Rohloff
    Cannondale SuperSix / 11sp Chorus
    Ridley Excalibur / 10sp Centaur
    Steel Marin Bear Valley SE
    Twitter @roadbikedave
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    I would always go for 3T over FSA!
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I had the FSA bars and could not fault them at all.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    + 3T
  • Scrumple wrote:
    I have the 3T team ergonova bars and liked them so much I bought the pro version for the Sabbath.

I did exactly the same - after using the carbon on the race bike, I bought the alloy for the audax
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Yep 3T Eronova bars here too. Good stuff 3T.
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    I recently put alloy Ergonovas on my new Scott. I still haven't made up my mind if I like the shape but they are nicely made bars and look great. Be aware that they flare outwards so the distance across the hoods is approx 2cm shorter than the c-c distance at the drops, which is the quoted size. You may want to go up a size for this reason.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited October 2010
    I had some 3T Ergosums, prefer my FSA K Force Compacts... Shape is better for me, I find the 3ts a little thin.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I didn't get on with the 3T ergonova but maybe i just didn't give them long enough, they look good with the stem but i found the top a little too flat and they're not that comfortable on the drops.
    We all know how hard it is to find the right bars and it's down to what you find comfortable, not Joe Bloggs from Pigs Knuckle in Dorset, i'm sticking or maybe i'm stuck with buying Ritchey Evolution bars for now.
  • grahamcp
    grahamcp Posts: 323
    I also have the team on one bike and the pro on another. Really pleased with them - the short reach and shallow drop suit me so that I am much more comfortable in the drops.
  • paggnr
    paggnr Posts: 101
    3TTT all the way
    Cheers
    Pagey
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    paggnr wrote:
    3TTT all the way

Why? Which ones? What else have you tried?