Pinarello Dogma 60.1 Question

yoda 1
yoda 1 Posts: 17
edited October 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi, I am plannimg to purchase a Pinarello Dogma 60.1 Frameset from a local dealer. Do any forum members know if a new Dogma frame is due shortly or should I drop the hammer on the current model? I look forward to your reply.
Pinarello Dogma 60.1 full campy super record 11's and bora ultra wheels.

Comments

• There is a new one for 2011, frame look's the same though. Also 3 new bike's coming out. Check out the web site and click on bike2011:

http://www.pinarello.com/eng/index_eng.php
    *Insert something witty or profound here*
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Yes, there was talk of the new Dogma SL
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I think your question should be: why is the dogma so damn heavy?
  • nicensleazy

Good point.....even Wiggins mentions this before the TDF on his Twitter page!
  • yoda 1
    When you click on 2011 bikes on the Pinarello website only the 2010 Dogma comes up along with the the Paris etc. Am I missing something?
  • giant_man
    http://pinarello.com/ita/dogma_carbon_540.php

Just click dude, it's not hard ..... they're all there on r/h side.
  • yoda 1
    Lol! Yes I have clicked it and the simple answer is no. I have ordered my Dogma frame and it will be here next week for fitting. Went for the CDE 494. Will have to get rid of my FP3 frame now, our love affair is over.
  • relanium
    relanium Posts: 487

950g for a 54cm frame is not that heavy, most top of the range frames are around 900-1000g.
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    relanium wrote:

950g for a 54cm frame is not that heavy, most top of the range frames are around 900-1000g.
    yeahh i saw that too.. i wonder if it has gone on a diet? Wasn't it up over 1200g earlier this year?
  • nicensleazy
    moonshine wrote:
    relanium wrote:

yeahh i saw that too.. i wonder if it has gone on a diet? Wasn't it up over 1200g earlier this year?

Yeah...strictly no carb diet! :lol:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Local magazine did a comprehensive review of the Dogma when it was released and observed that even though the claim was 950gm for the frame, it actually weighed 1200-ish.

They still loved it though. Frame weight apparently did not include paint, grease on headsets, and probably any cable liners for concealed routing etc.. just the bare carbon tubes really. Hardly realistic.

Still, use proper lightweight gruppo and it is easily a sub 7kg bike. If Sky need to drop some weight they should get rid of the Di2 stuff.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • yoda 1
    edited October 2010
    I will be using the campy super record 11's groupset and campy bora ultra wheels. The frame is light enough for me. I love the look of the frame. 200 grams really get real guys. Wheelspinner love your post. I never asked why the frame is so heavy in my original post, I asked if a new shape/spec frame was out for 2011.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    yoda 1 wrote:
    I will be using the campy super record 11 groupset and campy bora ultra wheels. The frame is light enough for me. I love the look of the frame. 200 grams really get real guys. Wheelspinner love your post. I never asked why the frame is so heavy in my original post, I asked if the a new shape/spec frame was out for 2011.

Should be a lovely thing built like that... look forward to some photos on here when it's done!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • giant_man
    yoda 1 wrote:
    I will be using the campy super record 11 groupset and campy bora ultra wheels. The frame is light enough for me. I love the look of the frame. 200 grams really get real guys. Wheelspinner love your post. I never asked why the frame is so heavy in my original post, I asked if the a new shape/spec frame was out for 2011.
    Lovely bikes, please post pics when built up. Don't worry about the weight, you probably won't notice it anyway. Enjoy.
  • nicensleazy
    There is a fully made up Sky Dogma on Ebay for sale