Road bikes are good aren't they.

Zombie_donkey
Zombie_donkey Posts: 359
edited October 2010 in Commuting chat
Got a cheap road bike and after a week I find it more comfy than the Hybrid. It's noticeably faster too.

I must resist the temptation to bolt crap to it.
Giant Escape M1....
Penny Farthing
Unicycle
The bike the Goodies rode
Pogo Stick
Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Now you can tell the other hybrid riders that they are wrong headed and misguided.

What sort of crap are you resisting bolting on? I have two water bottle holders, front and rear lights, computer and sadle bag. Can't think of anything else I'd want on there.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • EKE_38BPM
    Not for me on my road bike. When I finish my fixie, yes.

• jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Check out my location,

or this thread... for why I think mudguards are important.

My bike is a Dawes Horizon. So not very racy, but pretty practical....
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Now you can tell the other hybrid riders that they are wrong headed and misguided.

What sort of crap are you resisting bolting on? I have two water bottle holders, front and rear lights, computer and sadle bag. Can't think of anything else I'd want on there.

I can't find any waterbottle holders that match my new bike, this is seriously affecting my hydration :(
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    notsoblue wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

I can't find any waterbottle holders that match my new bike, this is seriously affecting my hydration :(
    Camelbak?

[runs away]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Got a cheap road bike and after a week I find it more comfy than the Hybrid. It's noticeably faster too.

What roadie bike did you get ZD?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    _Brun_ wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Camelbak?

[runs away]

Well I have to put *something* there. Just the studs on their own don't look right. Its a disaster :(
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Road bikes are good aren't they.

Yup, after 25 years of riding I got my first proper road bike about six months ago. Wish I'd got one 25 years ago!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    notsoblue wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Camelbak?

[runs away]

Well I have to put *something* there. Just the studs on their own don't look right. Its a disaster :(

Well what bike do you have? Perhaps the hivemind can help?
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

For that comment, I'm going to arrange for the P Fairy to pay you a visit very soon :P
  • Cafewanda wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

For that comment, I'm going to arrange for the P Fairy to pay you a visit very soon :P

For that presumptuousness your name is going on THE LIST...
  • EKE_38BPM
    Cafewanda wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Can it please be back-dated to cover the one I had on Sunday on my BSO. If it can't be back-dated, please not on my commute, especially if the weather is inclement.

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Yay!!! :D

On the commute. On the commute :wink:
  • Cafewanda wrote:

On the commute home, when it's raining, and cold.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076

Like this?

IMG_5898-PS.jpg

:twisted:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,487
    Wot, no mudguards? :P
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    rjsterry wrote:
    Wot, no mudguards? :P

It was summer, I was traveling 'light' ;)
  • iPete wrote:

Like this?

IMG_5898-PS.jpg

:twisted:

Yes like that. Pannier rack and so on. The bike is 5kg lighter than the hybrid due to the crap I bolted on to that bike.

It's a Carrera Virtuoso and it got 9/10 in cycling plus.

It's amazing how much faster and longer it will coast on the 23mm tyres 8)
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    The bike the Goodies rode
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • EKE_38BPM
    Cafewanda wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Cafewanda wrote:

On the commute home, when it's raining, and cold.

You guys ain't very nice. My commute home was wet, but PF free and not very cold, so HA!